Memorial Day

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
I have mistaken Memorial Day for Veteran's Day. Finally got the straight after all these years. I noticed that an honor guard was visiting several cemeteries in the area and holding a 10 minute service to honor those that have fallen in defense of this country.

I went to a little rural cemetery about 20 minutes away. While I waited for the honor guard to arrive I walked around and noted the flags on many of the graves. Most were men and women who served but whose lives sere not taken in war. I felt a sense of gratitude for all these people and their sacrifice.

Soon the bus arrived and about 20 elderly and overweight men and women got off the bus, some needing help just walking. I thought, they are true to their comrades who have died even after all these years.

The service was short, simple and moving. They fired three shots into the air and marched to the bus to repeat the ceremony again and again.

I had Kleenex. I used it.

From this morning.

Attachments

• veterans.JPG
    veterans.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back