Your automotive plans for the new year?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get the Vettester finished and out of the way. Not that much left but just have weekends only and i always work two steps forward and one back. Really eager to start the T bucket project. It's getting the flathead and trans from the '51.Want to get it on the road before summer starts in April but i doubt i that i can. Enough break time gotta get back in there. :D The '51 will get the turbo 4 banger and the model A will get whatever it gets.

Im going to sell my house and land,and get a apartment,so I won"t have to fix something all the time and I won"t have to cut grass. I"m going to sell all my Rat projects and my pick-up and get a Toyota.And I"m going to find a pretty young lady and get married so she can cook and clean the apartment,while I play video games all day. just joking.

Last edited:
Well

I don't do list any more, I can never find them. One day, week, month at a time. should do more to the sprint, fell into the drive-it mode and can't get out of it. I have two bike projects, 82 400 for the daughter and 76 sporty for me and keep my 73 CB750 running.
Visit the grand kids as much as i can, i'm still doing the 14 hr drive non-stop to get more time with them.
I've increased my work week by 33% to 12 hrs/week.
That's about it for me, just have to wait and see what happens.
Hope everyone has a good year what ever you get done and thanks to all of you for providing a very pleasant time on the web.

Not much for real plans here. If I keep waking up, things will kinda pick their own direction. I do have a motor/tranny swap in mind on my other daily driver, an 83 c10 and will probably do some cleaning up on its wiring too. I don't expect to have that down for long. I've been trying to get a friend of mine started on a truck. I have several choices of axles and rear ends and motors and trannys and some good start metal for a frame. If I can get him rolling on it, I'll post a build thread.

i AM going to get the M43B1 dialed in the way i want it.
already got a superduper heater on the way
period correct kickbutt tires on the original wheels in the works
do some soundproofing on the cab
find a spotlight to replace the missing one
figure out what i want for paint
and install some sort of A/C

This year I'm keeping it simple.

> Install dual exhaust on the Super 88.

> Get some music in it.

> New rear springs.

> Put in a new Fuel Tank Sending Unit

My list in order of priority;

I need one more piece of art for a show this month.
Keep hammering away at the 40 panel truck.
Get water pump and exhaust on the 56 caddy.
Get new fender, bumper and glow plugs in the power stroke
Build steel deck tilt bed
Get Zero turn lawnmower that I found in the dump fixed

And in between thgose will be speckled with things I have to do to support my addiction like the 62 Ranchero, get running to sell.

Goals for this year:

Finish the Sheets & Giggles 23 T Altered and get it to the Meltdown Drags in mid July.

Also plan to run the dragster for the full season at our local track with my daughter driving.

Hoping to get the Mustang out of the garage a little more often this year as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20151006193125-147db88d.jpg
    20151006193125-147db88d.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 18
CLEAN MY SHOP!! Lol
And clean out clutter like tons of spare parts, motors, projects etch...
Then swap the BBC motor in my Chevelle for a LSA blown 6.0L LS, finish the 6.0L swap in my 92 C2500, get the 50 running, stop buying more projects...

Going to Build a 408 magnum stroker motor and replace the stock 5.9 magnum in the '47. Planning to drive the snot out of this thing and find a '39 to '47 Dodge panel wagon that I can afford for the next project.

Finish up a few things on the '48 dually and find a new home for it.

Go fishing more often.

Attachments

• IMG_4656.jpg
    IMG_4656.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 13
Install my 11" rear disc kit on my golf cart in AZ, then buy and install a high speed motor kit to get it up to 30 MPH. :D
In the spring, go to the coast and round up all the parts and pieces for the 37 Packard 115 3 window coupe from my fellow Packard nut, work up a plan and start the build.
Pick up the set of polished TTO American 5 spoke wheels for the Hennway that I ordered - narrower ones for the front - 15 x 4.5 instead of the 15 x 8 ones on it now and 17 x 8 for the rear. Then I can narrow and restyle the front fenders (it's just too wide..) and build a new grille with a 32 Fordish shape.
While laying about in AZ for the winter, I'm going to work on the plan for golf cart #3, something like a 34 Tudor.

Latest posts

Back