1941 Ford COE

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find!

I did a little research on your number *2G10620*... difficult as one might expect... anyhow, it would seem apparent, Ford of Canada implemented a number system to coincide with war production, beginning Nov 1 1939 as the following excerpt implies...

An example of a Canadian Ford engine number is : 4G - 16180 - F
The '4' indicates 1943. ( 1 is 1940, 2 is 1941, 3 is 1942, 5 is 1944 etc )
'G' indicates Mercury 32.5 h.p. with 4-speed box.
'F' indicates Right-Hand drive export.
'16180' is the actual serial.

1G models ran from 1G-175 to 1G-11500 spanning Nov 1 1939 to Oct 1 1940.
2G models ran from 2G-205 to 2G-48148 spanning Oct 1 1940 to Nov 1 1941.

... so, your crossmember number goes well with the second year (1941) of wartime production and should be the same as the bellhousing number, assuming it remains original to the truck. (I'd pull that cover and find out.) If the two numbers agree, this IS your serial/VIN without question.

SGI loves it when you know more than they do...

So I went to SGI this morning with my Bill of Sale Vin number is good, so I went to register it as a Vintage Vehicle only to find that because it is over 1 ton it has to have a safety inspection. [S go figure lol I'm pretty sure it's sold so I'm going to leave it to the final owner.

I want a good solid '43-'47 Dodge panel.

I see. I often think of the members here while scouring the ads. I know it's a "long shot", but I'll keep you in mind if you don't mind the distance... or heaven forbid, a Fargo.

Great research Dr! I would never thought about it be Canadian.

Thanks Bama. Like you and I have discovered before, Canadian info is lean and "estranged", though it's all FoMoCo... stampings, patterns, molds, etc. from Dearborn. (Again, you would think, that they would think to "integrate" the numbers to reduce the confusion!)

So I went to SGI this morning with my Bill of Sale Vin number is good, so I went to register it as a Vintage Vehicle only to find that because it is over 1 ton it has to have a safety inspection. [S go figure lol I'm pretty sure it's sold so I'm going to leave it to the final owner.

Sorry to run off with your thread. :eek:

For once, I thought we had one over on SGI. (Shame on me, I never thought about the weight rating. :eek:) I hope you did well with the sale and yeah, let him have the inspection headache!

I see. I often think of the members here while scouring the ads. I know it's a "long shot", but I'll keep you in mind if you don't mind the distance... or heaven forbid, a Fargo.

Thanks Bama. Like you and I have discovered before, Canadian info is lean and "estranged", though it's all FoMoCo... stampings, patterns, molds, etc. from Dearborn. (Again, you would think, that they would think to "integrate" the numbers to reduce the confusion!)

Sorry to run off with your thread. :eek:

For once, I thought we had one over on SGI. (Shame on me, I never thought about the weight rating. :eek:) I hope you did well with the sale and yeah, let him have the inspection headache!

If Pops needs it stored until shipping can be arranged, you can bring it across the border to my place and I can store it. Or take it down. I'm always up to go visit a buddy of mine in Los Alamos. And don't forget DR, since Fargos were Canadian dodges, they're way cooler than a dodge in the US.

Latest posts

Back