Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 04-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Busted and Rusted on Route 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTY50F1 View Post
DMW; That truck looks great; When you gonna cut that top. I'm about to start the chop on my 50f1. Got the gas tank and the gas lines run this week. Been on vacation all week. Wanted to do the top but thought it would be easier to do the other before the cab was set back on. We need more PICS. (chop that top)
Thanks Rusty,

I'm gonna Chop it as soon as I get the floor back in. I cut it all out this morning to channel it. I will make it so it I will be able to unbolt it to remove the body. Would have done more but ran out of Argon/CO2. Boy, I was looking at the firewall and it has about 100 holes in it. Thats gonna take forever to fill all of those.

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."

34 Ford Coupe
51 Ford F1
50 Stude Champ
Intro
Old 04-12-2008, 10:02 PM
One of the Dirty Dozen!

C'mon DMW56, You can't tell everybody about a channel job and then leave us hanging on the pics . Just kidding, can't wait to see it.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:42 PM
@$$Fault Junkie

I have the same problem with my firewall, I bought a 4x4 sheet of 14 gauge to make me a new one but now I think it may be to thin, not sure but I think I should have waited for them to get in some 16 gauge. Have fun with all those holes. I filled about 25 and got tired, still have about 50 more.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:48 PM

Finally got some picture of the floor frame at least what I've done so far.
Sorry, its kind of hard to see because of the added bracing. I'm using 1.25" square tubing and will put some type of webbing on the frame rails to keep it from squeeking. I still need to do the center section for the transmission and drive shaft. I will also add another cross brace between the frame rails with diagonal bracing and drive shaft hoop.

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."

34 Ford Coupe
51 Ford F1
50 Stude Champ
Intro
Old 04-23-2008, 08:54 PM

The body sits about 3" lower than the original floor 7" high in the back and 6" in the front. I used a scale we all can understand. It sure was tasty too.

I used the stock front mounting point. I just made simple bracket and will bolt the body to it. I still need to make a couple for the rear.

34 Ford Coupe
51 Ford F1
50 Stude Champ
Intro
Old 04-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Older and more rusted every day!

Default Loafin'!!!

DMW,
That's really lookin' good & sturdy... but it appears u have not been workin' very hard... that beer bottle is still full!!! ; - >

BoB

RRR on Facebook
RRR on Twitter
Wanted: Ratty '35 Olds coupe!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:08 PM

I got some used 235R78X15 tires for free and ground some whitewalls. They are different brands but the price was right. The one on the passenger side was some Chineese tire and the white strip under the black wasn't all that even but it will work for now. The 15 X 8 deep dish Cragar SS wheels I've had for 25+ years and have never used. I stole them....I mean I borrowed them from my ex-brother in law. He probably owed me for something anyway!

I will paint the front wheels orange I haven't done this side front tire yet. You can kinda see the other side.

Here is the aluminum radiator I got from Northern Radiator. Its 16" wide and 24-25" high. My grill is 17.5" wide and 22" high so it will fit right in after making some brackets and a bottom sill for the radiator to sit on. Cost $320 plus $20 shipping.

34 Ford Coupe
51 Ford F1
50 Stude Champ
Intro
Old 04-23-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
DMW,
That's really lookin' good & sturdy... but it appears u have not been workin' very hard... that beer bottle is still full!!! ; - >

BoB
I've learned to drink them when I'm done if I don't want to do it over the next day!

34 Ford Coupe
51 Ford F1
50 Stude Champ
Intro
Old 04-23-2008, 09:52 PM

Big and little tire combo view from the rear.

34 Ford Coupe
51 Ford F1
50 Stude Champ
Intro
Old 04-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Skull Master

It really looks great! So the level in the bottle is where the cab sits? Shouldn't it get lower as the night goes on?

You will be driving it in no time.
BONEHEAD TRUCK 39ChevyPu

www.BoneHeadCustomZ.com