Crazy stuff on Craig's List, eBay etc!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked a lot on mini`s and that looks an awefull lot like a Mini engine... [S never knew that... whats the size of the metro engines?

I worked a lot on mini`s and that looks an awefull lot like a Mini engine... [S never knew that... whats the size of the metro engines?
Its a relatively rare option. 351 4V Clevland. It has Boss valve covers on it, which really gave me a warm feeling when I got it. I haven't decided its fate yet. It was sitting out under a juniper tree in California for a long time, so it will need everything more than likely.

As I recall they are the same as a MG or spitfire engine Dutch. Austin.
The first American designed car to be built entirely in Europe. Hence the use of many parts you may recognise.
Torchie

ah ok... so that would be a 1500cc or something then. I didnt know that was an american design. Same happened with the 3.5 liter Rover v8 engine...
thanks.

Its a relatively rare option. 351 4V Clevland. It has Boss valve covers on it, which really gave me a warm feeling when I got it. I haven't decided its fate yet. It was sitting out under a juniper tree in California for a long time, so it will need everything more than likely.

I meant the one in the link Skip. I would think a metro with a 351 will smoke em... [cl

ah ok... so that would be a 1500cc or something then. I didnt know that was an american design. Same happened with the 3.5 liter Rover v8 engine...
thanks.

Yep, Dutch. When GM decided to stop producing the 215 Aluminum Block V-8 they sold the castings to British-Leyland.
They used that engine for many more years. As an aside. My brother and I put one of the 215 V-8's in his 72 Vega 2 door wagon. It was a screaming Banshee.:D
Torchie

If anyone is looking for a 1958 Impala convertible, I found one for you. You can buy it now for only $6,800 USD!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1958-Chevro...044323?hash=item2acc968a63:g:ZsQAAOSwBG1cy5wZ

Prefer a hardtop? That's ok! I found one of those too! Currently just over $14,000 USD but hasn't met reserve. Has a 348 but needs fenders, quarters, rockers, trunk floor, etc... With black exterior and that interior colour combo it would have been a stunner when new!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1958-Chevrolet-Impala/323806244305?hash=item4b645b2dd1:g:1aIAAOSwEIpc2fp3

I'm really out of touch on 1958 Impala values, but $6,800 for a title and firewall/cowl seems a little bit excessive.

Back to the 70's :D

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-car...ak/1431379941?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$_59.JPG

$_59.JPG

$_59.JPG

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should....

On of my favorite lines... "It took a lot of hard work to make it look that bad." :eek:

I almost like that Nova because it's so bizarre but actually looks well done.

I'm strangely attracted as well. It would look good as a Top Sportsman/ProMod/ Outlaw/Jungle Jim inspired race car. [ddd

I shot this chopped Chevelle a couple years ago... aside from the giant, bulbous hood scoop, I like it!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 79
Find myself looking at the Nova again. Kinda seeing a hint of AMC from that photo with the trailer in it. [S. Agree with the Ford fast back thought too.
Wonder if this started with a few cold beers and some damages cars. :cool:

Latest posts

Back