Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
made a good start on a little scrap metal gas forge today.
Used a central heater pressure vessel. pulled the rubber membrane and added 6" of steel to make it as long as the koalwool insulation is wide.
Next up; tube to mount the T-rex burner into, then insulation. Been to long without a forge.. cant wait to beat up some hot stuff. Besides that, it`s super handy to have in the shop.
No no no, Dutch! I don't know if I can stand the temptation. :eek:

Please start a build thread on this. Just for our entertainment, of course. :D

cement mixer
PORTABLE WASHING MACHINE....

165746520_294993225316281_2161488224372582732_n.jpg

paint is on, 6" of ceramic fiber blanket are in, and now we wait...
I want to coat the inside with a ceramic coating , produced in the States, needs to be payed by card , which I don`t have... lets see if they come up with a solution. Really , how hard can it be to send money from one bank to another :mad:

Also waiting for propane pipe and fittings. Should be here by the end of the week. :)

Attachments

• IMGP6781.jpg
    IMGP6781.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMGP6786.jpg
    IMGP6786.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMGP6787.jpg
    IMGP6787.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 23
That'll work! Mine is similar in form. Are you looking for Cerakote? I made home made refractory on mine with a Reil burner.

That'll work! Mine is similar in form. Are you looking for Cerakote? I made home made refractory on mine with a Reil burner.

I`m not familiar with cerakote. I`ve used itc-100ht in previous furnaces I built. I like the stuff but there`s no way to purchase it overhere.
Looking forward to see what temps it will reach. Ideally this size forge should have 2 burners but I had one left, so... I`m using Rex Price`s t-rex for this one.

If ya care to have it..home made refractory:

equal parts:
portland cement
vermiculite
silica sand
bentonite clay (unscented kitty litter)
water

Mixed well will become the consistency of soft modeling clay. The material needs to be "rammed" in to remove air bubbles. Dries hard but brittle and cannot be allowed to get moisture around as it will soak it up and explode on heating. A layer of Kao wool like Dutch used could be coated over, but my entire inside area of the forge was rammed with the home made stuff. It lasted for years. I just repaired some areas of refractory that have chipped and blown out with plaster of paris on a hint from another smith. Plaster of paris has held as a patch thru 3 heats now.
Dutch, the T-Rex is a good burner design. I'm not sure with only one burner if you'll get to welding temp but most forge work can be done. I used mine mostly on knives for years but it has come in handy for other things too.

The IRS decided to audit Grandpa, and summoned him to the IRS office. The IRS auditor was not surprised when Grandpa showed up with his attorney.
The auditor said, “Well, sir, you have an extravagant lifestyle and no full-time employment, which you explain by saying that you win money gambling. I’m not sure the IRS finds that believable.”
“I’m a great gambler, and I can prove it,” says Grandpa. “How about a demonstration?”
The auditor thinks for a moment and says, “OK. Go ahead.”
Grandpa says, “I’ll bet you a thousand dollars that I can bite my own eye.”
The auditor thinks a moment and says, “It’s a bet.”
Grandpa removes his glass eye and bites it. The auditor’s jaw drops.
Grandpa says, “Now, I’ll bet you two thousand dollars that I can bite my other eye.”
The auditor can tell Grandpa isn’t blind, so he takes the bet.
Grandpa removes his dentures and bites his good eye. The stunned auditor now realizes he has wagered and lost three grand, with Grandpa’s attorney as a witness. He starts to get nervous.
“Want to go double or nothing?” Grandpa asks. “I’ll bet you six thousand dollars that I can stand on one side of your desk, and pee into that wastebasket on the other side, and never get a drop anywhere in between.”
The auditor, twice burned, is cautious now, but he looks carefully and decides there’s no way this old guy could possibly manage that stunt, so he agrees again.
Grandpa stands beside the desk and unzips his pants, but although he strains mightily, he can’t make the stream reach the wastebasket on the other side, so he pretty much urinates all over the auditor’s desk.
The auditor leaps with joy, realizing that he has just turned a major loss into a huge win. But Grandpa’s attorney moans and puts his head in his hands.
“Are you OK?” the auditor asks.
“Not really,” says the attorney. “This morning, when Grandpa told me he’d been summoned for an audit, he bet me twenty-five thousand dollars that he could come in here and pee all over your desk and that you’d be happy about it.”
Don’t mess with old people!

A man was walking down the street when he was accosted by a particularly dirty
and shabby-looking homeless man who asked him for a couple of dollars for dinner.
The man took out his wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked, "If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?"
"No, I had to stop drinking years ago,” the homeless man replied.
"Will you spend this on green fees at a golf course instead of food?” the man asked.
"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. I haven't played golf in 20 years!"
"Well," said the man, "I'm not going to give you money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a hot shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."
The homeless man was astounded.
"Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that?"
The man replied,
"That's okay. It's important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up drinking and golf!”

Latest posts

Back