EPA race car ban!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wont stop till they succeed!!

I agree. It's been tried before and they'll try again. What they don't realize, is how very small race and special interest vehicles are in the big picture. For example: One loaded semi burns more fuel in a week than a weekend warrior can burn in ten years. :p

I agree. It's been tried before and they'll try again. What they don't realize, is how very small race and special interest vehicles are in the big picture. For example: One loaded semi burns more fuel in a week than a weekend warrior can burn in ten years. :p

I completely agree with you oh, but they did do a pretty good number on the diesel tuning aspect of things! As long as we keep fighting back, we can keep them out of our fun little Hobby

I completely agree with you oh, but they did do a pretty good number on the diesel tuning aspect of things! As long as we keep fighting back, we can keep them out of our fun little Hobby

Participation won't be a problem! Every racer and racetrack in North America will be all over it like stink on a monkey. :eek:

My worry isn't race cars, it's cars like ours with non stock engines. Everybody keeps saying, "Oh, they can't touch them because they are exempt". Well, if they make the rules, they can pretty much do what they want, when they want, and that includes changing the rules!:eek:

Where I think they would get us is on later model engines with all the smog junk taken off.:rolleyes:

My worry isn't race cars, it's cars like ours with non stock engines. Everybody keeps saying, "Oh, they can't touch them because they are exempt". Well, if they make the rules, they can pretty much do what they want, when they want, and that includes changing the rules!:eek:

Where I think they would get us is on later model engines with all the smog junk taken off.:rolleyes:

I agree with that also oh, I know an hour State you cannot put an older engine in a vehicle than what the vehicle itself is. It has to at least meet need emissions for the year of the vehicle. I've never had anyone ever question that. But if they start making rules like you said they can do whatever they want

I don’t know of any State laws like that here yet. We don’t have inspections so it wouldn’t be noticed anyway. I think there are 3 cities that do emissions tests and you have to pass to get your tag, but nothing in the rest of the state.

I don’t know of any State laws like that here yet. We don’t have inspections so it wouldn’t be noticed anyway. I think there are 3 cities that do emissions tests and you have to pass to get your tag, but nothing in the rest of the state.

A couple of the big major cities and their outlying areas have inspections. I don't think it'll be too long till we all have to do it in Washington. We follow closely behind that crap hole California

I think the problem is the enduring perception of the uneducated masses that hot rodders are evil spawn depicted in old B movies, and to this day are seen as rule breakers, scofflaws, and a general menace to society and the environment.
Politically driven rules to control modifying autos are done to score votes, regardless of the actual impact of the supposed legislation. It doesn't matter if they are saving the planet, as long as the voters believe the BS, and vote them back in, modified cars and race cars have a high profile and make an easy target for political opportunists.
Just my 2 cents worth...:cool:

I'm surprised you didn't mention BC's defunct AirCare program, zz.

Great case in point Doc [cl
It was finally realized by the government that cars weren't polluting like in the 'old days', therefore very few cars did not pass, clunkers had hit the boneyards. Dedicated car builders had no problem tuning their rides to pass, Aircare became just a bureaucratic money pit. Race cars make up an even smaller group in the big scheme of things.
Not that small changes can't add up to help for the environment, but there are many major polluters going unchecked that really should be looked at more seriously. Again, politics make that process slow and difficult to pass.

I think the problem is the enduring perception of the uneducated masses that hot rodders are evil spawn depicted in old B movies, and to this day are seen as rule breakers, scofflaws, and a general menace to society and the environment.
Politically driven rules to control modifying autos are done to score votes, regardless of the actual impact of the supposed legislation. It doesn't matter if they are saving the planet, as long as the voters believe the BS, and vote them back in, modified cars and race cars have a high profile and make an easy target for political opportunists.
Just my 2 cents worth...:cool:

That perception is why I stay away from certain local gatherings and events. Anything where rules are likely to be broken, I won't support. This past year, a lot of car meets were happening in parking lots that were very much not in compliance with rules related to the virus. Regardless if it's not related to emissions and vehicle equipment, they were gatherings of large groups of car enthusiasts showing that they didn't care about rules, and that isn't something I want to support in this hobby.

Latest posts

Back