Circus train

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selectedgrub

My dad used to drive.

Loading wagons.
153.JPG

The cook is on the right.

146.JPG

He had his kitchen on the back.

135.JPG

This one they unloaded the elephant to remove a fallen tree on the track

128.JPG

Chimp in the cab

142.JPG

Dad on left and his fireman

151.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
cool pics sg what year were they taken?

Cool family pix Dutch! Thanks for sharing...

Not mine smallfoot... my family were all booksellers.... None of them knew how to hold or use a hammer without ending up in the er, but they could find you a book on how to use one :D
I can post some pics of my dad @ work...? :rolleyes::D

Thanks for the pics SG. I've been to the Ringling Circus Museum in Sarasota, FL Circus travel was a major undertaking. Lots of hard labor. Like moving a small town every couple days.

sneakysnake, My son lives near Gibsonton,Fl, where lots of circus people go to retire. You see the strangest things at the Walmart there.

For sure pics from a mostly bygone era. Diesel locomotive, maybe late 1950’s or early 1960’s? Not many circuses left, few that are probably use trucks. None as big as Barnum and Bailey was though. I never got to go to B and B, wanted to go to their farewell tour but couldn’t make it.

^^ Your quite right. 1959-1960

cool pics sg what year were they taken?

Awesome pics. Hope they can be preserved because people in the future will have a hard time beliveing it. Had a friend whose mother grew up in her families traveling medicine show.

I just snapped them out of one our albums.
There's a few more I could get.

Thanks all for checking them out.
His best and fondest memories where whole families coming out to greet the train rolling into the yards, the children all waved and picnics were spread out to watch the unloading and erection of the tents.

Older steam pic.

163.JPG

He was a young fellow then.

Latest posts

Back