Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never owned one, Torchie, but I share your admiration for the Bosch of yesteryear.

26 years ago, I worked for a fiberglass boat manufacturer, way out west in zzrodder's territory... anyhow, we made most of the required cut-outs with Bosch jigsaws... smooth as silk, no biting, jamming, jumping or wild chipping of the gel coat. They were beautiful tools and they wouldn't use anything else.

I was only there for a year before coming back home. If I were dishonest, I would have smuggled one of those saws on my way out the door!

Started in on making the quarter panel patch today.
I used my Cheap Ryobi jigsaw and some good Bosch blades.:D
I like the Ryobi because it has a light that helps me to see the lines.:cool:
Extra material left at the bottom to bend under as well as extra to connect to the rocker skin.
I still need to put a little curve into this piece and then some trimming.
I also need to keep working on the inner rear fender well.
Thanks for visiting.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 29
Thanks Dozer.
Had her in the ER Friday night with a fever. They ran tests and all still looked good so They gave her a bag of antibiotics and a script for a course of them just to be on the safe side. Her fever broke in the early a.m.
Supposed to be released from home health care but the ER visit pushed that back so maybe later this week.
We see her surgeon tomorrow and hopefully Mrs T will start cardio Rehab on Thursday. She ready for more activity.
Just seems like a lot of bumps in the recovery road. I know she gets frustrated.
Keeping on.....
Torchie

Thanks Gang!
Mrs. T's last appt with her surgeon went well. He's happy with her progress(even if she isn't.[ddd)
She has been cleared for driving and will start her rehab tomorrow as will I.:eek:
33 and rainy here so no shop time today. Weather's supposed to be better starting Friday so between doing stuff outside to get ready for the real winter and wanting to get some shop time in I should be busy.
Keep building as I'm living my dreams thru you guys for now......:eek::p [ddd
Torchie

Same here Torchie. Medical junk, other obligations, cold, wet weather. Tough to get some shop time.

Is the boat project still in your shop?

Sure glad to hear Mrs. T is returning to reasonable health.

Same here Torchie. Medical junk, other obligations, cold, wet weather. Tough to get some shop time.

Is the boat project still in your shop?

Sure glad to hear Mrs. T is returning to reasonable health.

You mean this one, bob.:eek::eek:
It's stalled at this point as now we are back into cold weather so some things can't be done. I was about to start the next step on the bottom when My mom -in- law went into the hospital last spring.
Plus last time my Bro-in-law was up he decided that he need to bring up stuff for the boat that I'm not ready for yet.:)
It's never a good sign when things get piled on a project.
Like I said my plan is too really get some things done starting Friday when it warms up a bit and stops raining.
Lets keep our collective fingers crossed...
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 27
Spent most of yesterday doing the outside chores in prep for winter.
Today I worked on both the boat(See that thread) as well as the Dodge.
I bent the bottom of the new patch panel. Since I have no metal break(of course) I resorted to other means.:eek:[ddd
I couldn't cozy it right up to the edge of the bench due to the flange so I made extended the lip of the bench.
Some boards. some clamps and some screws as well as a little hammer work.
Fits pretty good.
Hopefully more tomorrow.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 26
Thanks gang!:D
More shop time today although mostly on the boat.
I did start to make a pattern for the missing inner fender well piece. And looked at other spots that need to be addressed on the DS inner fender well.
Know you can see why I started on this side first. As usual the DS is much worse then the PS.
A beautiful fall day here. Most likely the last one we will see this year as the rain starts up again tomorrow.
Thanks for visiting...
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 23