41-46 chevy truck bench seat options

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajs

I`m picking up a 46 chevy truck project from a buddy soon and it needs a seat. It has to be a bench seat. Its going to be a rat rod with a hand made floor and I`ll probably build a new seat mount but I dont know what fits these trucks. Found a couple ford aerostar rear seats and a chevy extended cab rear seat. I guess I can narrow a seat but if I can find one the correct width that would be even better.

the chevy p/u back seat is probably too wide and I don't find them very comfortable. a lot of mini van rear seats are used but I don't know what ones are how wide or how comfortable. I would suggest hanging out at the soccer field and asking the soccer moms if you can try out their back seats and se what happen from there.

What Torchie said[cl. When I got my cab it had a Chrysler mini van seat in it. Has to be the old body style before they went to the split seats. Also some SUV third row seats are a good size too

Agreed, 3rd row bench seat. Take a measurement on your cab and do the light fantastic thru the junkyard. I got one that is 42" across. It fits a 31 A. But there are lots of choices out of vans.

Agreed, 3rd row bench seat. Take a measurement on your cab and do the light fantastic thru the junkyard. I got one that is 42" across. It fits a 31 A. But there are lots of choices out of vans.

yea smallfoot these seats are a life savor for us A owners ..... if the Chevy cab is like my 41 Ford cab it is not a "square " cab but "angled " and for a good fit the seat would be wider in the front and angle back ?
Oldog

Second row seat in an Expedition is pretty narrow too, since it's a 1/3-2/3 split, you might be able to use the 2/3 {drivers side} section.

I have an expedition, the third seat is about right. Ill throw a tape measure on it in the morning

They are right at 47 1/2-48" wide. Apparently they made several configurations, when I googled them for a good pic only a few looked like mine '02 model.

'burbon 3rd row seat in my 39. Just touches the doors.

If you need front to back space like I do, go for a earlier one. Thinner back.

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 26
If It Helps

For my 45 willys cj i found a dodge ram back when it was a mini-truck, thin back and pretty comfie. Good luck with it.

Attachments

• Build 076.jpg
    Build 076.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back