Guess I got the bug....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the window regulators repaired and waiting on some window run channel so I can get the glass back in the doors. I have all the lights/signals operational now...working on getting all the gauges relocated to the dash so they can be viewed while driving.

I'm thinking about trying to add a bit of color to the cab exterior in order to break up this "rust" theme. Not certain how to go about it, but luckily it is a "Rat" project and does not have to be perfect.

Attachments

• DSC05477.jpg
    DSC05477.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC05478.jpg
    DSC05478.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 20
Got the window regulators repaired and waiting on some window run channel so I can get the glass back in the doors. I have all the lights/signals operational now...working on getting all the gauges relocated to the dash so they can be viewed while driving.

I'm thinking about trying to add a bit of color to the cab exterior in order to break up this "rust" theme. Not certain how to go about it, but luckily it is a "Rat" project and does not have to be perfect.

Take CLR and a scotch brite to the outside. I guarantee there's more paint than you think and getting the oxidation off will brighten it up.

Take CLR and a scotch brite to the outside. I guarantee there's more paint than you think and getting the oxidation off will brighten it up.

Lol...I promise you there is more rust than paint on this one. It appears at some point someone sprayed the body with some matte clear. I just now went over it with some rattle can Navy Blue color...not trying to get full coverage, but rather spot spraying a little heavier in various places. I did not like the logo painted on the doors so I took a DA sander to them. I have these areas forced surface rusting at the moment and will try to blend some color into them later this week.

Attachments

• DSC05479.jpg
    DSC05479.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC05480.jpg
    DSC05480.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC05481.jpg
    DSC05481.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC05482.jpg
    DSC05482.jpg