Score

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to build some new running boards for the Dodge, and got a price from a sheet metal shop to make the four bends per side. :eek: A little over $100.

So I broke down and spent $98.00 and about three days building this to make them myself. It can bend up to 52 inches wide.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Sheet metal brake 003.jpg
    Resize of Sheet metal brake 003.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Resize of Sheet metal brake 004.jpg
    Resize of Sheet metal brake 004.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Resize of Sheet metal brake 005.jpg
    Resize of Sheet metal brake 005.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Resize of Sheet metal brake 006.jpg
    Resize of Sheet metal brake 006.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 49
I need to build some new running boards for the Dodge, and got a price from a sheet metal shop to make the four bends per side. :eek: A little over $100.

So I broke down and spent $98.00 and about three days building this to make them myself. It can bend up to 52 inches wide.

I like the way you think Dozer....nice work.

[cl[cl

[P[P

Thanks everyone, it is a project I should have tackled a long time ago. I bend up the new running boards out of 16 gauge and I had a tough time bending them, but they turned out great. I will post them up in the Fast Four thread.

Looks like a good design. The running boards came out great. I'd like to come up with a finger brake that is easy to make.

Looks like a good design. The running boards came out great. I'd like to come up with a finger brake that is easy to make.

Thanks Bob, I hear ya on the finger brake. To do the ends of my running boards, I removed the top clamp down piece, then cut a length of 1/4 x 4" flat the right length and just clamped it in place on the bed for the bends.

Latest posts

Back