R.s.c. Build off car!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious... Did you confirm distributor engagement?

Assuming you have fuel and compression, my mind goes to spark and the distributor.

Yeah I've got good start. The Distributors engage like it should be. Good oil pressure good fuel. It's definitely a vacuum leak. You can see where the gaskets were not sealed when I pulled the intake off. I'm actually on my way out to my dad's right now to get it fired up again hopefully

She is alive and kickin!

Attachments

• 0327221015_HDR.jpg
    0327221015_HDR.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 19
Without replacing your ignition switch, just hot wire it. I'm speaking of your cut out/romp situation you mentioned in the vid.

Without replacing your ignition switch, just hot wire it. I'm speaking of your cut out/romp situation you mentioned in the vid.

Not a bad idea! Nit sure if my dad has changed it yet or not. I jave had issues with these switchs before. So who knows!! Just glad to have it running again

Yeah, it sounded great except for the loss of ignition. I know what you mean about switches. I've bought both cheap ones and ones that were supposed to be great and haven't found an infallible one yet. The ones that have lasted the longest are marine switches. Sometimes you can locate the ones that are made of good brass instead of flimsy brass plated tin. I would imagine a good Marine dealer is pretty few and far between in your location!

Yeah, it sounded great except for the loss of ignition. I know what you mean about switches. I've bought both cheap ones and ones that were supposed to be great and haven't found an infallible one yet. The ones that have lasted the longest are marine switches. Sometimes you can locate the ones that are made of good brass instead of flimsy brass plated tin. I would imagine a good Marine dealer is pretty few and far between in your location!

Thanks!! Yeah, we have a marine shop in town but im not sure what they have for parts. I will look!!

Last edited:
First longer trip after engine swap. Made it !!

Attachments

• KIMG1547.jpg
    KIMG1547.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 22
So I ordered a cam back in April. I was told Monday it woulnd be here till november!! I found a substitute. Almost identical and i already have it!!

Attachments

• 0727221744_HDR.jpg
    0727221744_HDR.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 0727221745.jpg
    0727221745.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 9
That should perk it up![cl[cl
I'm waiting on a Comp cam and kit from Summit myself for 2 months now, hoping it will get here mid August so I can keep my build on track....

Good luck mine was a Comp Cam we were waiting on I ordered it in April and they told me and of October beginning of November

Yes I would assume that that cam will wake the car up. It's quite a bit bigger than the one that's in there now and with the bigger heads and valves it could use the air

Latest posts

Back