lost my 56 F100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thom

On July 18 another driver crossed the center line and hit me head-on. My 500 Caddy powered 56 Ford F100 was totaled. My pelvis was crushed and I had a lot of bruises and cuts. After a few weeks in two different local hospitals I am at home. I am planning to get my '55 Studebaker truck on the road for my daily driver. The Stude is on a Dodge Dakota chassis and will be powered by a 4.3 v6. The Stude has new floors in the cab and new cab mounts. I am still confined to a wheelchair and must have a walker to get around. That makes it a little tough to do some jobs but I will get it done.:)
I will post some new pics when I figure out how to.

Glad to hear you're ok and healing up. Sorry about the truck but sounds like you have another coming along. We'll watch![cl

wow, glad your gonna make the best of it.[cl
hate it you lost your truck, it can be replaced you on the other hand. them stude cabs are tight on a fat boy like me, but i love them trucks.

WOW! Sucks that your truck got totaled. Sucks that you got busted up. Glad you survived it and are pressing on in spite of it all. Bravo! I'll be watching for the new build. Old Studes are cool lookin' trucks.

WOW! Sucks that your truck got totaled. Sucks that you got busted up. Glad you survived it and are pressing on in spite of it all. Bravo!

That's exactly what I was thinking! Glad to hear you're still able to press on!

raw
raw

https://dl-mail.ymail.com/ws/downlo...o9e8s2NeYD8uqyMweXmiSYw2ldJA8i3vzfiNePJFcLA02
Heres some pics. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to downsize them.

I worked on the Studebaker today, with help from my son-in-law. We have the cab mounted to stay and the bed sitting back on the frame. I am still in a wheelchair, so everything is a lot harder to do.:D

Someone has replaced the metal floor in my Studebaker bed with cedar boards. I didn't know that it was cedar until I drilled some holes and the red chips , and the smell made it obvious. The boards had turned gray like any wood will when exposed to the elements. After watching some videos on YouTube about restoring cedar decks and fences, I washed the bed floor with a bleach and water mix. It looks a lot better buy it is now a beige color. It looks like I might have to sand the entire floor to make it look like cedar again. Problem is, I can't work on my knees because I can't put weight on my left leg. Guess I'll figure another way?:)

Latest posts

Back