Cheap alternative to Dynamat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thermal solutions

I just tried the product from thermal solutions. Just so everybody knows you can get it premixed with paint.
I bought one gallon of Velspar neutral oil based anti rust and had them color it to a battle ship grey( close ). I got some of the ceramic cels from Hy-Tech Thermal Solutions mixed them with the paint using a resporator.
I used a two gallon bucket for over flow and used 1/3 of the total for each coat. I put three coats on using a roller and brush. It was really thick so I imagine the paint could be thinned I also plan on using peel and seal and another coat of the same color for the cab. This is a 32 truck cab so it isn't that big. It really covered well and I should say that this is as cheap as it gets!

Thanks guys! I tried the peel n stick today. Worked great!

Attachments

• 1226131534.jpg
    1226131534.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 1226131534a.jpg
    1226131534a.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 79
Thanks guys....I'll be sure to use this when the time comes!....Hey, the time has come, but it's too friggin cold to consider it for a few weeks yet.....haha.

I'm using it for the first time in my Lincoln. I like it, just wish it went farther. I bought two rolls thinking it would be enough for the floor, but it wasn't. Going to need at least one more roll for the floor, and one for the firewall. And that's not even counting the trunk area, I haven't even started back there yet.

A lot cheaper than the other products! [cl

Cheaper!

Hey guys...find a local roofing supply company. You can buy a 36" x 33' roll for $99.00. That is a buck a square foot! Lot cheaper! Enough to do a couple cars.

Lynn

ok guys i was going to use this roofing stuff, even posted it on another site when there was a sale on it.. that,s when i got called on the stuff because if you read the fine print{ which i haven,t} it claims this tar based stuff can cause cancer and such if you breath in the fumes as it is petoleum based as apposed to the rubber based dynamat etc.:eek:

30sx, you may have a different product than we do in the lower 48. The Peel and Seal brand from Lowes that I used didn't have any odor, and still doesn't. I think all products like this have some petroleum base to them.

As to causing cancer, what doesn't cause cancer now days? Seems like there's a warning on everything! :eek:

I read recently that BBQing can cause cancer; supposedly when the fat from the meat drips on the fire it causes some carcintigen fumes to go up onto the meat. I guess I'm just going to die, can't give up those good porksteaks!

Seriously, I used the Peel and Seal on a project a while back and it seemed to work pretty well although I dont know if the insulation and sound deadening properties are as good as the Dynamat.

You mean my lung cancer was caused by cooking on my Weber grill?:eek: I think I'm going to sue Weber for not putting a warning label on their grills saying to use 10 foot tongs to turn my steaks over.

With the right jury.....you'd win....

You mean my lung cancer was caused by cooking on my Weber grill?:eek: I think I'm going to sue Weber for not putting a warning label on their grills saying to use 10 foot tongs to turn my steaks over.

If they can pay off a woman setting cruise control on her motorhome so she could go back and make a sandwich....your case is a shoe in... :D

Man, that's a drag, Bruno. I certainly did not mean to make light of cancer; I just lost my sister to lung cancer a few years ago. How are you doing with it? Prayers headed your way, bro.:(

That's ok Falcon I was making fun of myself, I lost my mom and dad to cancer many years ago. I am now cancer free, thanks for asking. Now as to my lawsuit.........................

That's ok Falcon I was making fun of myself, I lost my mom and dad to cancer many years ago. I am now cancer free, thanks for asking. Now as to my lawsuit.........................

That's great that you have a clean bill of health. My wife has been battling melanoma for a while now. The last surgery they took a sizeable chunk of muscle out of her neck; hoping for a clear scan when she goes back in February.

Latest posts

Back