More parts fodder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I got to thinking about an old pickup a friend of mine dragged in for the meyers plow 5-6 years ago so I went and look. Sure enough, the somewhat scarce 78-79 F150 Supercab 4x4. What makes it scarce you ask? The 78-79 were the only years of that body style to offer a supercab F150 with 4x4 and they came exclusively with leaf spring front axles. So they are the only F150 high pinion, disc brake axles to ever bolt to leafs, like my 59 and 60 4x4s have. See where we're going here?
The best part is it's a freeby, just get it out of there.
I'll take my camera when we get it out, not much to look at.

Sounds good, WB. I'll assume you're talking better ratio and a superior diff. Is it a bolt-in swap, or close to it?

I haven't took a tape measure to them yet but I'm guessing the newer one to be a little wider. It was cold and windy this morning and it had some flat tires so I didn't attempt to crawl under to find ratio. But my guess is, with a 400/C6 they will be 3.50 or 3.70

61.25" on the older truck, 65.25" on the newer one according to one of my charts...for the rears, maybe the fronts would be close too.

Yessir, I think they referred to it as WMS (wheel mounting surface). I'm thinking that would be the same.

Latest posts

Back