Does anyone know?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1934lowboy

I,ll be using a front axle from a 54 ford f-100 truck, because that's what I've got. Would anyone know the angle of inclination of this axle and where to measure it from? I've heard 8 to 10 degree's, but I'm not sure. Thanks for any info!

Thanks for the info! Yeah, its big and ugly like me, but it's what I've got in stock. You've heard of low budget builds?, well this is a no budget build! Thanks.

Haha no problem, glad I could help. But you do have a '34 Tudor there - do it some justice! Even if you had to save for a while to get a proper dropped axle it would be worth it in the end. Just my $.02. Good luck with your build!

Here is a pic of a '34 C-dan we did last year. It turned out pretty good...

attachment.php

That's a nice looking sedan! What's the top off of? I'm using a 58 ford 4 dr roof skin, fits perfect, it'll have 5 ribs. Here's a shot of my car on it's latest mock up. That's just an old chevy grill I used for the mock up. Has to have the right grill!

Attachments

• DSCN8793.jpg
    DSCN8793.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 29
Mockup looks bitchin. I would use the brakes from the F-100 but get ya an early axle! Did I say that yet? Haha. It would fit the sleek proportions of the car SO much better.

The roof insert on ours was made from a sheet of 20ga aluminum. We rolled it to fit and had the insane amout of louvers punched by a friend. Thanks for the compliments. Your is coming along well...

axle

nice wicked looking mock up!

thats the same axle used in this front end set up just make your radius rod mounts and shock mounts to best flow with the UGLYNESS of the axle. dp1

Attachments

• orangecrush autorama 051.jpg
    orangecrush autorama 051.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF0032.jpg
    DSCF0032.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0194.jpg
    DSCF0194.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 008 (2).jpg
    008 (2).jpg