$75 Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really.:rolleyes:
38 years of driving and he hasn't spent over a $1000 dollars in repairs ? What's he use for brakes. An anchor and a rope ?
And those 300,000 miles tread life tires must have cost a fortune 38 years ago.[cl
Good place for this one Neverdone. The BS lounge......:)
Torchie.

I think when he says under $1000, he is talking non maintenance items, which would include brakes etc.....Tires, oil, filters, tune up stuff etc also would not count.....I could see it if its engine/trans work etc

I think when he says under $1000, he is talking non maintenance items, which would include brakes etc.....Tires, oil, filters, tune up stuff etc also would not count.....I could see it if its engine/trans work etc

No doubt Stroker.
But as far as I'm concerned any time you do something on a car it's a repair. Other than washing and waxing.:D
But then that's just me......
This stuff about routine "Maintenance" vs a "Repair" is a bunch of Humpty-Dumpty as it still all cost money.[ddd
Torchie.

I have a 87 F150 with a 300I6 4speed overdrive that never got new anything. Not sure I could keep price under $1000 - although thats about $4,500 38 years ago. That truck got used oil, found in the alley tires, and junkyard parts when needed. Always started. Now it's a wood haulin' truck that stays on some timber property.

Cool story.
In 1983 I bought a 59 Belair for $50 and it's still running and still in the family. I gave it to my sister for a wedding present around 1991 and she gave it to her son who drove it all through high school. Now he's out of the Marines, married and still has it.

Latest posts

Back