Drones

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
I have had a cheap drone for a year or so now. But i recently purchased a dji mavic pro. Super fun to fly and it produces 4k video at 30 fps. Here is a little video of it around my neighborhood

https://youtu.be/xv6DMkLjBxM

Fun thing to own. My nephew has a pretty good one, about $2700. They say 4 miles on it too but it can get signal out further, just won't have enough batterys to get back. He put a little pinger on it in case it ever goes down he can find it.

Good looking "film" and the scenery ain't bad either. [cl

Just curious... could a guy "touch" it with a shotgun? Don't get me wrong, I wish you no harm or loss... but If I had property in the country and a drone flew over, I'd throw some lead at it...

I'm sure you could, it flies up to 40 mph so if you need it to move it will. I have thought the same thing. My neighbors behind me rent a big house from a slum Lord and grow weed in the back guest house. They have for years, I try to avoid them lol

The video from those is cool. I'd love to have one and do a fly over of my property just to keep up with the changes through the seasons. How do you know what it's looking at, do you have a monitor so you can see where it's flying and looking?

Yeah, my phone locks into the controller. The controller takes over my phone and makes it a heads up display for all the drones functions

The video from those is cool. I'd love to have one and do a fly over of my property just to keep up with the changes through the seasons. How do you know what it's looking at, do you have a monitor so you can see where it's flying and looking?
You have to have a laptop or notenook with enough memory. My nephew tried his first with the kids kindle and the pictures was jerky. Drone self stabilizes and can in a 35 mph wind, camera on a gimble stays steady.

Awesome! About now is when i am reminded the first house i lived in after i was born did not have indoor plumbing yet. :rolleyes:

Isn't that the truth. The folks had running water but outdoor toilet until 1980. Party line, one tv channel. Early 90s I lived in a one room cabin in Alaska, no running water, no phone or electric, best time of my life.

Latest posts

Back