Time to finish my roadster pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I don't know if you guys are like me, but I find car parts on the shelf and ask "When did I buy this" ? :eek: I have multiples of things that I don't know where or when I got them. I also put parts purposefully in a spot so I will "remember exactly where I put it", and I never do remember.:confused:

Well, tomorrow is driveshaft day. I am taking my 78 Camaro driveshaft (to work with my TH350 trans) to them and have them cut it to length and put a Ford yoke on the back end for my 8 inch Ford rear end.

Haha, I don't know if you guys are like me, but I find car parts on the shelf and ask "When did I buy this" ? :eek: I have multiples of things that I don't know where or when I got them. I also put parts purposefully in a spot so I will "remember exactly where I put it", and I never do remember.:confused:

I thought it was just one of my moves [ddd

I thought it was just one of my moves [ddd

Nope, I have a bad case of CRS any more. :eek:

Took my measurements and driveshaft to the driveshaft shop this morning, told him I would be back next Friday, as that is my day off every week. He said "No, I'll have it for you this afternoon, I'll call you" ! :eek: Ok !! :D

I'm not going to have the driveshaft powder coated like the rest of the undercarriage, it will be all assembled when I get it back. So I am just going to spray it with the same cast iron gray paint I used on my center section and my front brake drums. It is a driveshaft, and you never will see it anyway. I also picked up a set of new u bolts that hold in the rear u joint from NAPA this morning.

I am about to order my complete rear brake setup from Rock Auto. If I order them today I should have them by sometime next week. Just a couple of things out of the way that I should have done years ago.

I also put parts purposefully in a spot so I will "remember exactly where I put it", and I never do remember.:confused:

Hey... that's one of my moves. Once had $5K in cash & hid it in my house while faced! Never ever found it again. Sometimes I get the itch & start looking through old boxes & books... love to find it but that was 10 yrs ago so ain't holdin' my breath! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Hey... that's one of my moves. Once had $5K in cash & hid it in my house while faced! Never ever found it again. Sometimes I get the itch & start looking through old boxes & books... love to find it but that was 10 yrs ago so ain't holdin' my breath! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Hi Bob, Did I mention I am coming to visit you and stay at your house for.....oh, maybe a week or two ? :D You and the Mrs. can go out and have fun while I house sit.......don't worry, I will take VERY good care of the place, and even do a thorough cleaning job while there ! [cl

If I were you, I wouldn't trust that Old Iron guy, he seems to have ulterior motives, if you ask me. [ddd

I picked up my driveshaft today, he did a great job, fits like a glove. I am going to have to do a little crossmember work, the shaft sits a little closer to it than I like, but that is part of building a car. Clearances and things change as you go on, no big deal.

Also ordered all my rear brake parts from Rock Auto, should have them next week.

"If I were you, I wouldn't trust that Old Iron guy, he seems to have ulterior motives, if you ask me."
WELL :confused::(
Not sure who my friends really are now [ddd:D :rolleyes:

10 will get 20 that while you were drunk you were talking about stashing the money and someone listened. [cl

Probably 5 years or so ago, one of our members on here thought enough of me to send me this flying eyeball that is handmade. It has been so long, and I apologize for this, but I forget who did it for me. (old age and memory do not go together :eek:)

I have always had this piece sitting on my desk, waiting for the day I would drill two holes and mount it on the dash of the roadster pickup. I am getting close to that day, and I sincerely thank the member who made this very generous gift for me. It is silver, and really heavy and well made.

Please, if you read this, remind me of who you are, and, again, please forgive me for forgetting your name. I love this piece, it is like a piece of jewelry, so well made and intricate. It will ride with me every time I take the rpu out.

Thanks again for the very generous gift.

Attachments

• DSC07556.jpg
    DSC07556.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 31
Probably 5 years or so ago, one of our members on here thought enough of me to send me this flying eyeball that is handmade. It has been so long, and I apologize for this, but I forget who did it for me. (old age and memory do not go together :eek:)

I have always had this piece sitting on my desk, waiting for the day I would drill two holes and mount it on the dash of the roadster pickup. I am getting close to that day, and I sincerely thank the member who made this very generous gift for me. It is silver, and really heavy and well made.

Please, if you read this, remind me of who you are, and, again, please forgive me for forgetting your name. I love this piece, it is like a piece of jewelry, so well made and intricate. It will ride with me every time I take the rpu out.

Thanks again for the very generous gift.

Don, I don't know anything about that transaction but that piece resembles a member named eyesore's avatar...

Don, I don't know anything about that transaction but that piece resembles a member named eyesore's avatar...

I feel really horrible that so much time has passed and I can not remember who did this for me. I hope he sees this and lets me know. Maybe it is eyesore. This has adorned my computer desk for all these years, now it is time to get it on the car.

Nope, wasn't me but I bought this flying eyeball from a guy that used to hang out here. Sorry, can't remember his nic!

iSore

I sent it. I don't remember the details but I think you won a contest. Poetry maybe? Bought it from a past member from Canada who sold items like that.

Latest posts

Back