Bamamav's 1947 Lincoln Club Coupe build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some more things out of the way today. Got new bolts in the shackles and all shimmed up. Mounted the fuel tank back in the car. Started the drop bracket for the fuel pump, hope to be able to finish that this weekend. Still have to pick up some rubber gas line and a couple of filters before I can finish the fuel system.

Saturday turned out to be a bust. :( About all I got done was to put a few line clamps on. Everything I started, I needed something else to go with it I didn't have. :( Just one of those days.

Ended up taking the wife and the Corvette out for a drive. [cl Went to Outback and had probably one of the worse steaks I've had in years. :( At least the tea was good. Got nearly home, and the Vette quit charging. Opened the hood, noticed the main hot wire was very hot, the insulation was melted back a bit, and the wire was burnt at the connector and just barely making connection. I guess a new connector is in order. Always something!

Anyway, here's a pic of my fuel pump bracket, not finished yet, and one of the tank back under the car. More to come later, stay tuned!

With the tank back in, I turned to installing the wiring harness I got from Speedway. I got the 17 circuit one in case I want to add stuff later. I'm running the wire through a woven loom that looks a lot like the original stuff, and it's black so it blends in and is not as noticeable.

Hope to get the wiring done in a few days then I can finish the fuel system.

wiring

0H joy, wiring[S

l used several kits like that one for my rods and it makes it nice when everything is marked every few feet with the fuse box other stuff already just to plug and play.

looking good.[cl

Later:cool:

Using the woven shield is a good idea.
I've done three with harnesses and really like the ease of installation, they offer.

A productive couple of days. My fingers can tell, too. Lots of wire pulling, stuffing into looms, soldering and crimping connections. But, the spaghetti is disappearing!

Before:

Now:

Back of gauge cluster:

Just a few more circuits to go. It takes a while to get everything ran where you want it and hooked up.

I also now have the fuel pump mounted in the rear and the fuel system complete to the front of the car:

Wiring is 99.9% finished! [cl Ended up replacing the old crumbling rear sockets with new ones. Now have brake lights, tails, parking lamps, and headlights. Also have dash lights in every gauge including the clock. Won't have turn signals until I put the Chevy steering column in. Also wired in a 12 Volt power port to use a GPS for the speedometer until I get a new cable. My wife went to get the license plate Friday, but I forgot to give her the Insurance card, so they wouldn't issue it until she had the proof of insurance. She'll get that one day next week. Here's a few night pics of the lights:

A few more:

Hard to see it for the steering wheel, but I put my 37 year old Tach on the dash. It was the first speed part I ever bought, and I've had it in a bunch of vehicles. I figure this will be the last one I ever use it in.

I have to make a bracket for the tag light yet. I'm still undecided on the front lights, I may end up moving the LED parking lamps to the inside of the headlights in the dummy slots, and putting 1157's in the outside holes to serve as parking lights and turn signals. Plenty of time to decide that later on. I need to take a pic of the lens that I made for the park lights, they turned out real good.

This isn't the complete end of the build, but from now on, it will consist of improvements and some mild customizing. Thanks for watching!

How about a before and after pic? Here's what the engine bay looked like when I got the car:

Now, after a lot of clean up, fresh paint, and some new dress up items, how it looks now:

Some difference, huh? Even a little lipstick can make a pig look better.

Latest posts

Back