46 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to use my homemade press brake on this part.

Been thinking of making one of those myself. What does yours look like?

Seeing the inside of your cab, I am jealous. In MUCH better shape than mine!!! Still wish mine had the window crank too. But I might have a neat idea using some pneumatics.....

Been thinking of making one of those myself. What does yours look like?

Photo0073.jpg

on my fire we used a wheelbarrow for the recess, great curves and worked perfect, just trim to fit.

like it so far.

Later :cool:

When you did that I thought that was the coolest, most out-of-the-box thinking I had seen in a long time.
You sir deserve a gold star for that by the way [cl

Anyway, back to the build at hand, nice work, looks like you'll have it on the road in no time.

Wow! What an ordeal to get steering. The u-joint had too much angle at the base of the column. Order a double, only it will be a different manufacturer. Get that one and it sucks. Send both back and order a double from a different supplier like the first one. Finally got it hooked up this morning.

WP_000088.jpg

I have clearance, but the steering shaft will need to be removed if the upper A arm has to come off.

WP_000087.jpg

The brother and I went to the U pull it today, always fun. Picked up an S10 brake/clutch assembly, clutch master cyl, gas pedal and cable, shifter boot and sway bar all for $24.[cl She must have thought we looked pathetic and took pity on us.

Been working on getting the nose and fit. The old story of one step forward three steps back. Not to jinx it but I think its close.

Picture time, I have been working on getting the original heater fixed up. I didn't take any before shots but here are the afters.

WP_000101.jpg

It was originally done in a hammer-tone paint. But I used a black metallic for the rear parts, cast aluminum for the fan and a Chrysler touch up for the front.

WP_000102.jpg

Open door pose. The biggest expense was the core. For cooking it and putting on new tubes was $85.

WP_000103.jpg

looks like you did a great job fixing it up. I have thought about putting some sort of heat in mine, but without side windows, dont think it would be worth it. [S

I have been trying to fit the nose for a couple weeks. This is the third set of mounts that I made.

WP_000104.jpg

I think the profile looks right. Sometimes I see these trucks and the nose looks high. The hood is a little sprung and I need to replace the catches on the passenger side. Along with the DODGE emblem that was all that was savable from the original hood.

WP_000107.jpg

Next up get it welded in and get the rest of the nose mounted.

At the U pull it here cutting body panels is not acceptable. So we took some tag board from a 12 pack and made a template of the pedal assembly mount. Here it is under the dash so I could locate and fit the pedal assembly.

WP_000110.jpg

Latest posts

Back