55 Series one.. another project followed me home. Your standard AD on S10 build..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

Well... once again, another project followed me home last night

55 Chevy 3100 Series 1

Cab is solid, at some point it had new cab corners installed.
Sitting on a 94 S10 Chassis, with a Camaro rear end.
The bed is from a 47-53 Chevy with the slanted rails rather than the horizontal rails of the 54-55.

There was also a spare truck that we stripped clean as well.. so I have 2 extra doors, 2extra fenders, 2 grilles, 2 hoods, etc..
They also did an awesome job of inserting the S10 bed floor into the original bed. I like the old wood floors, but this might stay..
The tail lights in the roll pan however will have to go.. lol.

Anyway, onto some pics..

LR_zps7422d78d.jpg

RR_zps8a9990d2.jpg

RF_zps5ecdc18b.jpg

LF_zpsf001fb29.jpg

My wife's favorite color is rust, so we have the rusty fenders sitting in front of it right now along with an earlier grille

F_zps2a064266.jpg

Box full of parts

Parts_zpse6534a39.jpg

The other fenders

00O0O_it9xliNYxsR_600x450_zps9a67f422.jpg

and the parts truck we stripped clean as well

00p0p_fGHiSnSA3Re_600x450_zps8c9b0faa.jpg

Thanks guys.

For motorvation I should know tomorrow.

I have a friend that has a regular 350, and I have another friend that has a 5.3 LS motor.. the friend with the 350 is thinking about a 5.3 swap, if he decides to do it, I will give him the 5.3 and he will give me his 350. If he decided against it, I will use the 5.3 myself.

Nice score on the truck and parts. That bed looks very similar to how I did both of the S10 swaps I've done... works great. [;)

Nice score on the truck and parts. That bed looks very similar to how I did both of the S10 swaps I've done... works great. [;)

Thank you. I have seen your thread in doing research on how to proceed with this truck, awesome work, and thank you for being so detailed. I will be following the modifications you did on the second truck, cab a little higher, radiator support revision 2, etc :)

Got quite a bit done this weekend.. Got the cab mounts made, cab bolted down, nose put together, running board mounts, etc.

Got the motor to TDC, dropped in a new distributor, bolted down carb, new plugs, wires, etc.. Ordered a new wiring harness, AN fuel line, etc..

Also got the wheels and tires mounted today... 17s and 18s.. Man it needs to be dropped a bit, but its getting there!!

LF_zps2aece337.jpg

F_zps0032c2ce.jpg

RF_zps93bfcf36.jpg

RR_zps9803015c.jpg

LR_zps237281b8.jpg

This weekend I was able to pick up a transmission, run some fuel lines, mount a battery tray, mount some new tail lights, and my wife worked on the interior some.

I like the new tail lights and removed roll pan much better,
but that pic will have to wait until I push her out of the garage again.

Not much in the way of pics. But here is a quick one.

Eng_zps40f786af.jpg

Wow, this is almost like TV Magic here. Pick up someone's basket case & one month later it's almost done!

-Chaz

Latest posts

Back