55 Series one.. another project followed me home. Your standard AD on S10 build..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, been traveling for work, then rainy weekends, but I have been able to install the transmission and shifter.

The front dropped a bit after the added weight of the transmission so I did a 2" drop in the rear for now. This will have to do until I can bag it.

Next up is installing a complete new wiring harness, then order another round of parts.

After way too many long weeks at work, I was able to finally work on the truck this weekend...
Got the tranny dip stick in, ran some transmission lines, got the exhaust done, got the original gauges remounted, and got the wiring harness to the rear run..

I was also able to tack some extensions to the front of the bed to take up a decent size gap that was there after the move to the S10 frame.. was just too big for my taste, so I extended it a bit..

Tucks up nicely, everything is pretty much level with the bottom of the frame.

exhaust1_zpsc7a7a538.jpg

exhaust2_zps7fbbfa8c.jpg

exhaust3_zps09cf3b8c.jpg

few of the bed extension, and stance after the 2" drop in the rear.

extension1_zpse7119d93.jpg

extension2_zpsfc4e3354.jpg

extension3_zps7322b704.jpg

Thank you :)

Weekend Update.

Was able to mount my new Griffin radiator, new transmission cooler, got the engine bay harness wired up (engine turns over with the key) tail light harness wired, pulled headlight harness to the front but have not terminated the ends yet.

I also bought a new battery, ordered a new windshield, new back window, (with gaskets) new turn signal/parking lights for the front, and ordered radiator hoses.

Next weekend, its put on the hoses, fill the fluids and fire it up!

Not much in the way of pics, but here's one.

Radiator_zpsd60062e1.jpg

Thanks guys..

This weekends update..

Went to the pick and pull and found myself an electric fan, and some rear disk brakes.
I also got my windshield and back window delivered, which I still need to install.
I did get to install the new front parking light/turn signals, along with some radiator hoses.

So, for the first time ever, I was able to add some fluids and fire it up!!

Here's a quick video clip of it running.. don't mind the construction mess under the hood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkpprukgFXc&feature=youtu.be

Exciting turn signal pic

Turn_zpsc3252175.jpg

This weekends update is a short one. Got the Driveshaft installed, the aluminum remote power steering reservoir mounted (Using GM type II pump)
and got a WINDSHIELD installed!!! I tried the back glass, but ripped the gasket trying to pull it through with paracord.. grrr

Nice Glass

FrontGlass1_zps712a80f2.jpg

This weekends update.

When I got the truck there was nothing but a backing plate for rear brakes, so I went to the pick and pull and grabbed some rear disks off a 95 Z28. Bolted right up. I got the headlight switch mounted, and my license plate came in, I love it!

I also ordered new power brake booster, all the AN fittings for power steering hoses, and new gauges.. Getting so close I can almost taste it.

This is all that was hiding behind the wheels when I got it
brake1_zps3f55b524.jpg

CHEAP disk conversion
brake3_zps56b23f24.jpg

and the plate I will be running.
Plate_zps39497694.jpg

Weekend update.

Installed some gauges, just the standard oil pressure, water temp, volts, and gas gauge.. Got them all wired up and working.

Also modified the firewall and got my power brake booster mounted, got a gas pedal mounted and throttle cable hooked up, and got my power steering lines made.

I also ordered a master cylinder, all -3AN braided brake lines, brake light switch, proportioning valve, etc..

New headlight switch on left, new gauges in middle, some LED indicators for high beam and turn signals between originals

Gauges_zps36534426.jpg

You can see the new 8" Dual diaphragm booster here.

Booster_zpse6088d4e.jpg

Latest posts

Back