Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and make your money back selling falconvan odds and ends haha [cl

I wont whine about the price, I love hearing about deals!

$400 for the white one. Solid floors and has a title.
They also told me that they have a 68 sportsman van that runs for sure.
It's from the coast of Cali so it has body rust issues but the floor is solid as well.
$400 for that one as well. i wouldn't feel so bad about cannibalisng that one.
Torchie.

Been enjoying following along. I agree with the mild chop and mopar power. A Slant 6 seems like a good fit. Bone yard adventures fun Torchie, keep em coming. [cl :D

Been enjoying following along. I agree with the mild chop and mopar power. A Slant 6 seems like a good fit. Bone yard adventures fun Torchie, keep em coming. [cl :D

So after some investigating it appears that the slant 6 engine is not a great choice for a swap in to the Dodge. It seems that it is about 6.5 "'s longer then the OG flathead six. 23.5 vs almost 30 inches. And one person claims that it will hit the PS inner fender well.
So It's time to do more research......
Torchie

Thanks for the link Skip.[cl
I haven't given up on the slant 6. Still working on cleaning out the shop now that the heat has finally broken.
Torchie

Torchie, I'd like to bat your confidence around a bit, Skip has suggested a big block wedge would work in your Mopar, well, I'm dreaming of putting a big block wedge in a '46 Dodge where a flathead six was.

Of course, I haven't done anything about it so I can't give you any pointers on whether it'll work or not, but it sounds good, almost as good as putting in a hemi.
Good Luck.

Torchie, I'd like to bat your confidence around a bit, Skip has suggested a big block wedge would work in your Mopar, well, I'm dreaming of putting a big block wedge in a '46 Dodge where a flathead six was.

Of course, I haven't done anything about it so I can't give you any pointers on whether it'll work or not, but it sounds good, almost as good as putting in a hemi.
Good Luck.

It seems that the issue in putting another engine in these era Dodges/Plymouth is engine length. TheOG flat sixes were short engines. I will do more searching tonight.
Thanks for all the comments gang.....
Torchie

The 340's are getting hard to find

Apparently so OI:eek:
I haven't messed with a whole lot of Mopar engines. My brothers 69 fastback Cuda had a 340 and one of my adopted sons had a Plymouth Fury? with a 383 in it.
Other then the slant 6 that one of my old boats had in it, that's about it.
I also found a 70's rtuck 318 which is supposed to be the one that you want for this swap. Something about the shape of the oil pan and steering clearance.
Torchie

My slant 6 donor is 31 inches long including the stock mechanical fan. I will gain 4 inches of space in the Pilot with mild massage of the fire wall on the passenger side of the stock recess for the flatty. My stock radiator when replaced will provide about 3 inches.

You may be able to make that tower of power fit Torchie. :D
[P

My slant 6 donor is 31 inches long including the stock mechanical fan. I will gain 4 inches of space in the Pilot with mild massage of the fire wall on the passenger side of the stock recess for the flatty. My stock radiator when replaced will provide about 3 inches.

You may be able to make that tower of power fit Torchie. :D
[P

Thanks for the info Burgerman. When i was looking at engine sizes I noticed that many of them were coming in at around 30-31 inches and thinking to my self. I'm going to have to run a 4 banger in this thing....[ddd

A 440 is 31 inches long and fits in a 28 Dodge if you shorten the body 8 inches :D:D:D

Loved those 340 engines back in the day

LOL Not on this one Dozer. MY bros 69 Bacaruda had the RS ? package. 340 with a 4 speed manual trans. Headers and front wheel disc brakes (I believe) straight from the factory.
dark Mettalic green with a dark green interior. No markings at all so it ws kind of sleeper.
Here is the one pic I have of it. We had just came back from Racing at Motor City Dragway. He won his bracket.
Torchie

Attachments

• 264749_194816607237794_4796267_n.jpg
    264749_194816607237794_4796267_n.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back