Smallfoot 1000+

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've known a few two bit hoes over the years but have never met a post ho in person. Congratulations![cl[cl

You should be Feted for your Feat, Small Feet.[cl 1,000 posts is nothing to sneeze at unless you get pepper in your nose.:eek:

Thanks guys! It's fine being in a group of such talented individuals. It's funny when you get a bunch of people that love to build things together, regardless of the prejudices toward brands or whether they like trucks or cars, shiny or patina,.etc....mostly what you get is a bunch of people that have more ideas as a group than Carter had pills. The creativity that everybody has already spreads out as you see different methods being used. Thanks to all that take the time to post their builds. I've learned alot from seeing other's work. Maybe just us old gear heads will understand what I'm trying to say, but build until you fall over, with an angle grinder in one hand and welder in the other!:D

Thanks guys! Lucky to be posting at all. Dial-up here so every thing is slow to start with. Add to that all the "upgrades" they force feed you, sometimes this old magic bow doesn't want to move at all. Right now, Norton is running updates that I've been waiting to get done since it started yesterday morning...:rolleyes:
Unfortunately the world has been on a binge for faster and faster data transfer rates since they started making computers affordable to customers. They don't take into consideration that there are a few people still stuck with the original cofigurations thru telephone lines due to various reasons. My personal choices have put me here so I have no one to blame but myself. Everybody has suggestions for me, but I know them all quite well too. I've lived here for 23+ years in a log house I built...tin roof. I live in the woods with trees everywhere with high canopy. Satellite dishes are iffy(I've tried). Cell phones are iffy(Ive been with 4 different carriers and many phone sets over the years, trying to get improvements). I'm just outside of the maximum range for getting even an upgrade of dsl for my phone line. Cable? gotta be kidding...because I'm the only one back here, they would run a cable back here if I'm willing to pay them to place it. It cost me about 7 grand to pay for the power back here 20+ years ago and I just don't think cable would be a good option. I still have to make it outside to make a cell call or to receive one. Feel like I've been left in the dirt while the rest of the wagon train traveled west. My average running speed is 4000 bps, the Norton upgrade started yesterday at around 500 mb size. Some computer guys could figure it out, but we'll see. Last one that size would have taken 2 days if the provider could keep my connection that long at a time...(rarely happens) My last dl of that size took 9 days for various reasons.
Sorry! Only smallfoot would turn a kudo post into a rant....sheesh! Thanks for hanging!

Thanks guys! Maybe just us old gear heads will understand what I'm trying to say, but build until you fall over, with an angle grinder in one hand and welder in the other!:D

I think that I will take a pass on this one as well.....:D

Thanks guys! Lucky to be posting at all. Dial-up here so every thing is slow to start with. Add to that all the "upgrades" they force feed you, sometimes this old magic bow doesn't want to move at all. Right now, Norton is running updates that I've been waiting to get done since it started yesterday morning...:rolleyes:
Unfortunately the world has been on a binge for faster and faster data transfer rates since they started making computers affordable to customers. They don't take into consideration that there are a few people still stuck with the original cofigurations thru telephone lines due to various reasons. My personal choices have put me here so I have no one to blame but myself. Everybody has suggestions for me, but I know them all quite well too. I've lived here for 23+ years in a log house I built...tin roof. I live in the woods with trees everywhere with high canopy. Satellite dishes are iffy(I've tried). Cell phones are iffy(Ive been with 4 different carriers and many phone sets over the years, trying to get improvements). I'm just outside of the maximum range for getting even an upgrade of dsl for my phone line. Cable? gotta be kidding...because I'm the only one back here, they would run a cable back here if I'm willing to pay them to place it. It cost me about 7 grand to pay for the power back here 20+ years ago and I just don't think cable would be a good option. I still have to make it outside to make a cell call or to receive one. Feel like I've been left in the dirt while the rest of the wagon train traveled west. My average running speed is 4000 bps, the Norton upgrade started yesterday at around 500 mb size. Some computer guys could figure it out, but we'll see. Last one that size would have taken 2 days if the provider could keep my connection that long at a time...(rarely happens) My last dl of that size took 9 days for various reasons.
Sorry! Only smallfoot would turn a kudo post into a rant....sheesh! Thanks for hanging!

Sounds like were I live. No cable. Barely have phone service and they won't upgrade the lines. Sattelite is our only options and that sucks as well. But for a guy that has those problems you have still managed to reach post-ho status.[cl[cl
Imagine what you would be if had High speed internet...:eek::eek::eek:
Torchie.

Latest posts

Back