Cardboard for templates

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choppinczech

I ran across this cardboard at Home Depot the other day. It's made for protecting floors and such during construction.

Great for templates. Thin and stiff. And only $1.29 for a 36x48 sheet.

Attachments

• tank board 1.jpg
    tank board 1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 78
  • tank board 2.jpg
    tank board 2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 82
I ran across this cardboard at Home Depot the other day. It's made for protecting floors and such during construction.

Great for templates. Thin and stiff. And only $1.29 for a 36x48 sheet.

Good info , thanks . any more pics of that interesting build hid under the cardboard .
Well got off my lazy ass and did some searching , wow your build thread never found it's way under my rock . I am totally blown away , by your skill and mostly by your out of the box thinking . This is roding taken 3 levels up . No bolting together speedway parts here . Keep updates coming please . P S could you move to the right coast so I could hang out in your garage . I'll buy the beer .

Last edited:
Paper is easier & cheaper,I used regular cardboard when I made my motor mounts so I could take a razor blade & cut 1/2 way through & fold it.then transfer it to the 1/4' plate.

Attachments

• paper#3.jpg
    paper#3.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 44
  • paperMount.jpg
    paperMount.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 44
  • cut#1.jpg
    cut#1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 44
  • cut#2.jpg
    cut#2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 41
Dang it....wouldn't you know. I thought, here's great idea and readily available too. Nope, no such luck. Checked the SKU number with the Canadian Home Depot stores, no such luck. Checked the Port Huron MI store...nope not there either. Guess not all stores carry the same stuff.:(

my steel provider has stacks of card board similar to this i 4 ft x 10ft sheets and they will usually give it to you for free. when ever i go to something i grab a few extra sheets just in case. it is a little thicker than poster board so works great

I use posterboard for templates. Thicker & more stable than paper but easier to cut than cardboard. (not the thick kind with foam in the middle)

Plus any drug store or supermarket has it in the school supplies section.

Notice how they ask for your zip code???

Dang it....wouldn't you know. I thought, here's great idea and readily available too. Nope, no such luck. Checked the SKU number with the Canadian Home Depot stores, no such luck. Checked the Port Huron MI store...nope not there either. Guess not all stores carry the same stuff.:(

Its because the prices and products are NOT in all stores nor are the prices the same.....sucks...

Hey I sent a customer service complaint

to the Home Depot, they answered me.....:eek: they asked for the SKU and I sent them the whole picture of the board that was in the post....so they said they could possibly "arrange to have some shipped to me".....so if they can, and it doesn't break the bank...who might want some??? [S :D

I get real nice stuff from the fen store. they get it from feed company pallets. they put it on the pallet then stack bags of dog food or what ever on it. I used a lot of them doing my floor. I use the torchie CAD program.

Ok...per the home depot....

They sell the stuff in a few of the michigan stores....the closet to me is either Rochester Hills or Pontiac...both are a 60 mile round trip from my place.....not likely I'll be driving it unless I need to or someone I know heads out that way.....and they are $1.95 a sheet here.....so the area and zip codes do make a considerable difference....oh...and they won't ship them unless I want to buy a a skid of them.....about 1,500 bucks....:eek:....so I'll let you know the next time I head to either of those cities......don't hold your breath.....:D....

Latest posts

Back