Crazy stuff on Craig's List, eBay etc!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1964 GTO - the real deal :rolleyes:

Authentic 1964 Pontiac GTO for sale. I have the PHS paper work verifying its the real deal. 389 4 barrel with 4-speed tranny. This is NOT a project car for just anyone as it has a LOT of rust. Restored correctly though and it's an easy $70k+ highly desirable collector car.

Will trade for a 64-69 Mustang convertible project car or a 70-78 Datsun Z project car.

No low-ballers
No tire kickers
Cash talks. $5,500 OBO

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/brandon-1964-pontiac-gto-sale-or-trade/7164986811.html

o3hitAK.jpg

zScdWgi.jpg

PFrXx2n.jpg

money talks and bs walks, so he better get to walking.

"Restored correctly though and it's an easy $70k+ highly desirable collector car."

Sure. All you need now, is $150K and a solid donor car. :p

Well, did ya buy it?:confused:[S

you guys should know me well enough, of course I bought it hahahaha. I had a customer/ good friend go look at it. it's 5 min form him and 4 hours from me. I will be haulimg some yard art over to him in a few weeks and bringing. D - wayne the crown hick home!!

I did talk to the guy who built it and he said it wont shut off. even with the battery out. I'm guessing the alternator is staying excited

Those frames apparently flex a lot and you have to brace them up to get them more rigid for a pickup. Without the Vic body they're a bit floppy.

From the reading I have done, I have not found evidence of this. If you do have literature on and I would love to read it to figure out how they are fixing it. We consider doing this on that 65 that I built. But we did not like how we had to run such inset Wheels. I've seen a handful of guys talking about swap they have done this way and they seem to be okay. It is a fully boxed frame it might not be too bad of an idea to put a couple extra cross members. I have seen there's not much in between the frame rails side to side. Thanks for giving me a heads up on it though I don't want to miss something when I'm going through this thing. It was such a good buy I couldn't pass it up. Now I hope I can sell it. I might like driving it too much;)

you guys should know me well enough, of course I bought it hahahaha. I had a customer/ good friend go look at it. it's 5 min form him and 4 hours from me. I will be haulimg some yard art over to him in a few weeks and bringing. D - wayne the crown hick home!!

I did talk to the guy who built it and he said it wont shut off. even with the battery out. I'm guessing the alternator is staying excited

done that on a gm but didn't know you could do it on a ford.

From the reading I have done, I have not found evidence of this. If you do have literature on and I would love to read it to figure out how they are fixing it. We consider doing this on that 65 that I built. But we did not like how we had to run such inset Wheels. I've seen a handful of guys talking about swap they have done this way and they seem to be okay. It is a fully boxed frame it might not be too bad of an idea to put a couple extra cross members. I have seen there's not much in between the frame rails side to side. Thanks for giving me a heads up on it though I don't want to miss something when I'm going through this thing. It was such a good buy I couldn't pass it up. Now I hope I can sell it. I might like driving it too much;)

On Hot Rod Garage (a show on the Motor Trend on Demand subscription) they built a mid-60's pickup and turned it into a shortbox. They did an episode after it was together for a while showing how flexible the Crown Vic frame is and why and where it needs stiffening when you put a pickup body on it. They called their truck the Crown Hick. That episode where they fix it is very informative.

They actually show how much the frame can twist and bow, it's pretty interesting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back