40 Pontiac What Fits ??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnxtreme

Anyone have any ideas from what you have used. I have a 40 Pontiac Coupe with big lock chevy, what headers would fit ? Also looking to install a later steering column, bench seat and 4 speed pedal setup, anyone ever use Chevelle set up ?

Depending on the installed height of the engine. 70 up Camaro headers would be a good place to start. The dimensions from the header flange to the lowest tube is what you need to know.
I'll look that up and get back to ya.

Depending on the installed height of the engine. 70 up Camaro headers would be a good place to start. The dimensions from the header flange to the lowest tube is what you need to know.
I'll look that up and get back to ya.

Someone mentioned Hooker block huggers, another guy mentioned a Camaro header one side, and a Chenille header on the other worked for him but he couldn't remember which went on what side ?!?

I'd get a set of whatever headers I wanted to use, bolt them on the engine, sit it in the position you want it and build motor mounts from there.
Block hugger headers work well, I prefer mid length.

Latest posts

Back