Some of my buddy's cars!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
There are 4 of us hot rodders that went to high school together that still hang out together. We'd heard about some of the cars one of the guys has but had never seen them... yesterday was the day! These are just a few of the ones I like but he also had several Linc Mark IV's, a couple more delivery's that were hard to take pictures of... including a '57 Chev delivery! My fav was the black '31 Ford coupe. It was in immaculate condition (other than the thick coat of dust) & didn't have a rust spot any where! It had been repainted once a couple decades ago but looked like the original paint now. The original interior was intact & in decent condition... I lusted after it & wanted to take it home!!! [dr[dr[dr

BoB

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 44
  • delivery.jpg
    delivery.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 40
  • hack.jpg
    hack.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Shelby.jpg
    Shelby.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 38
He'd let all the others go before he'd sell that one. It's his fav but he never works on it & has had it for years. At least he keeps it outta the weather... his son will sell it in a heartbeat!!!

BoB

That's sad, I don't think I could just sell off my dad stuff like it was nothing

That's sad, I don't think I could just sell off my dad stuff like it was nothing

It happens a lot nowadays. Three brothers own the local auto parts here, one is a real car guy, one is a sorta car guy, and the other has varied interests, cars are there but lower on the list. Their Dad started the parts house and left it to them. He had a 40 Ford Tudor that looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor, they sold it after he died. None of them wanted to keep it up, and it was never driven. Yet, they had a Model A coupe they drove to school in the 60's, they had it restored to original. I think it has been out of storage twice in 5-6 years. The youngest has a Cosworth Vega he bought new, it too sits in storage. The oldest brother doesn't have anything now, he had a 40 Ford coupe but sold it years ago, just no interest. The middle one, my friend, is about like some of us, several finished cars, 67 Camaro, 58 Bel Air, 50 Chevy pickup, 36 Chevy coupe, and several projects, 54 Corvette, another 50 Chevy pickup, he's always working on something.

I figure when they pass on, their kids will sell everything that is left. They all have college degrees and good jobs, and no interest in old cars.

Latest posts

Back