1934 Plymouth five window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today went sideways a wee bit. I installed the pedal bracket brace, but it doesn't show up well in the picture even though I propped a trouble light in between the pedals in the cab. The pedals both work and feel good.

Four years ago I started a musical Jam group in the garage. Most of today was spent smoothing out political upheavals. That was very stressful for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2128.jpg
    IMG_2128.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 16
Sorry to hear about the "Political Upheavals" in your group Mac.
As a long time Musician, ( My 2nd Career for 50 years or so,) I have been in many groups both as a side man and a leader. When it works well, playing music with a group is amazing. When it doesn't not so much..... My last group was a full 17 piece Big Band plus 2 vocalists. Talk about herding cats.:eek:
My wife, who is an artist and does all her work by herself, could never wrap her head around the idea of being a part of something that big. The ego's. The politics. The spouses.. But when it works there's nothing like it. Is there.
Old musicians joke....
"What's the difference between a big band and a steer. The steer has the horns up front and the A## H*** in the back. The Big Band has the A## H*** up front and the horns in the back.
Keep on playing.
Torchie

Oh Torchie, you've seen my dilemma. I was awfully naïve when I started this group, thinking every one would pull together. --- Talk about herding cats!
On your steer metaphor, we have a bull in the china shop [socially]. To my great relief, he left on his own accord last summer. Now he wants to come back in, and is pressuring us in a sneaky political way.

Attachments

• IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 20
Mac
There always one in every group. When I stopped playing I turned over the leadership to two guys.
One was young and the other was an original member that did very little work for the group, but always complained about how he would do Things if he was in charge. So I gave him the chance. Still complains and does very little lol
Good luck my friend.
Torchie

Last edited:
Thank you Torchie.

Now back to our regular program. I was working furiously on the Whoa pedals, and almost forgot the GO pedal. Now I have a plan and the pedal, pivot and holddown bracket thought out.

Here's the gas pedal and pivot, in primer. The previous builder, [who I whine about quite a bit] had welded a bracket to the inside of the firewall, and lo and behold, I used it as is. Well, I had to bore new holes in it to mount this pedal gismo.

Attachments

• IMG_2129.jpg
    IMG_2129.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 17
Bin dare, Done dat, OI, got the T-shirt. I've caught myself complaining about MY previous mistakes.
To smooth out my criticism of other builders, I bought a stalled project '50 Ford coupe that I have only looked over and it looks like I can just carry on building where the previous builder left off. I don't complain about the PB putting in small block Chev motor mounts and I want to put a different brand of motor in. That's changing plans; that's my doing. I complain about the PB welding in all of the patch panels in an hour and a half and warping the whole car.

BillM, yep, that probably is a Mopar gas pedal, [a swapmeet find]. This car will be mostly Mopar. The next truck I do, [a '34 Dodge Brothers] will be all Mopar, guaranteed.

nice pedal work

Four years ago I started a musical Jam group in the garage. Most of today was spent smoothing out political upheavals. That was very stressful for me.

the group that gets along best has one member and no one else. :p

its a chinese proverb and some of it seems redundant in translation, but in chinese it basically means men cant throw punches in their own direction.

There are people that would fit better in that 'one member' group, but I like getting a long in a group. Our music is just back woods, but it is so much less lonely with six or seven players adding to the song.
Thanks on the pedal work. Today I went 0ne step forward and two back. The gas pedal is adjusted, [bent] many times, test-fitted many times and then re-primed and painted.

BillM, yep, that probably is a Mopar gas pedal, [a swapmeet find]. This car will be mostly Mopar. The next truck I do, [a '34 Dodge Brothers] will be all Mopar, guaranteed.

I be done told you Mac, you keep this Mopar stuff up and we gonna change your name to MOPARMAC![ddd[ddd[ddd:D:D:D

It's all fun, no matter the brand!:D[P:D[P

Bam, the shocking news is, after the '34 Plymouth, I've got a '34 Dodge Brothers truck, with most of the parts collected; a '68 Dodge Super Bee, with a long personal history, and then a '46 Dodge coupe; and I'm a Ford fan. It's like coming out of the closet, I think.
After those Mopars it's all Ford and Merc stuff, honest, guys.

Bam, the shocking news is, after the '34 Plymouth, I've got a '34 Dodge Brothers truck, with most of the parts collected; a '68 Dodge Super Bee, with a long personal history, and then a '46 Dodge coupe; and I'm a Ford fan. It's like coming out of the closet, I think.

:eek::eek::eek:
[cl[cl[cl
[P[P[P

I know what you mean here, I went to the local city college and every spring we would get an influx of students who had flunked out of the state colleges in their first fall semester. they still wore all their regalia from the big colleges every day. they would graduate from the city college and put the state college mug on their desk and the state college license frame on their car. finely educated at the city college but loyal to the state!

The gas pedal is all in and painted now. There was some inventing, here and there.

Attachments

• IMG_2135.jpg
    IMG_2135.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2134.jpg
    IMG_2134.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2131.jpg
    IMG_2131.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2130.jpg
    IMG_2130.jpg