GPS Speedometer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put one in my last project, 1919 Oakland with 4.3 and th250 trans. It works great, but out here in the boonies, it sometimes a little bit to find the satellites. I actually had to put a power switch in the line so as to restart the search if it " timed out" during the search. Other than that, I like mine.
Cheap one off of flea bay. I had no room for a cable and electronic was too $$$$$ for me. Just my $.02.

I put one in my last project, 1919 Oakland with 4.3 and th250 trans. It works great, but out here in the boonies, it sometimes a little bit to find the satellites. I actually had to put a power switch in the line so as to restart the search if it " timed out" during the search. Other than that, I like mine.
Cheap one off of flea bay. I had no room for a cable and electronic was too $$$$$ for me. Just my $.02.

I was just looking online and found them. They don't look high tech which I liked.

I'm interested in the same thing.Ones from Dolphin look ok. their sister store sells wiring harnesses too. Was wondering if anyone has used their products and had any success?

I've got velometers in both my trucks now. They are actually for boats. They don't register tenths of a mile...just miles. I like them....Inexpensive but not necessarily cheap. So far they have been outlasting the cable driven ones I used. They also allow your mileage and speed to be correct without having to change sending gears to get close.

I thought about getting one, but I want to keep my original face and needle. Don't know how easy or hard it might be to put my stuff on one. May just buy another speedo so I won't have to destroy mine and not have one to match.

I use a Garmin rebuilt GPS from Amazon. Set it so the speedometer function is big. I put a lighter socket in the dash and built a bracket to hold the unit. I transfer it from car to car. Only need one. I take it out at shows and no one knows what the funky bracket is for.

Latest posts

Back