The need for speed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traveler214

How many keep an eye on the world of land speed ,El mirage and Bonneville salt flats speed attempts ,i enjoy following the builds and engineering behind it all.

It's not big news these days but back when I was a kid it was really big stuff! This one was all the rage back then!

BoB

Attachments

• golden rod.jpg
    golden rod.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 25
I like the salt too SnoPro. We had a year or two off there a while back. Gonna get there someday, just not sure when. We need salt photos, let's see some guys. :)

i don't really keep up with it myself, but one of my baby brothers builds cars, trucks and motorcycles to run the texas mile and the salt flats. they go every year.

This will be my third year running a XF/VOT, that's a vintage oval track car with a flathead Ford motor. It's a whole different word, of fun but serious go fast.
went as a spectator, then as crew, then decided it can't just be a "someday I'm wanna try that " thing. We go very year for the Bonneville Speedweek and will join the crowd at World of speed this year too.

Attachments

• 2017 B-Ville.pdf
    131.3 KB · Views: 12
  • B ville 2018.pdf
    106 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back