I don't know... maybe I'm just stupid!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah the sound and smell of ear hair burning:rolleyes:
Reminds me of a young guy I was training in the exhaust business backing Winnipeg in 76. It was August and a 100F with high humidity. The young fellow came to work after lunch wearing nothing but sneakers and bib overalls. I suggested he go back home and put more clothes on, but was told he was fine. The way we cut off old muffler was to make a cut with the oxy/acc torch on either side of the muffler clamp first. Most new guys hit the oxy lever to soon and end up with the clamp red hot . After it's cut you give it a wack with a hammer and the clamp falls off. Well he hit it pretty hard and the bottom of the clamp dropped off, but the top did a couple flips in the air and went down the bib on his overalls. Instinct tells you to pull in on you gut but that gave the red hot clamp a clear shot to land on a part of his anatomy much worse than his belly. He left work and I never saw him again till about 20 years later, he said he is till scared.

similar story...I'm sure most of you can relate. I was training to be an electrician back in '75. one of the new guys was there with me. my lead man and I were checking out a house. had temp power hooked up. the new guy was hooking up the a/c outside. he cut across both hot legs and the ground at the same time with his kleins. came back into the house with his pliers burnt to a crisp and his whole arm and face black with soot. said he did not want to be an electrician after all.

Got one more for you. Fresh out of High School. New to the torch, I needed to remove an old exhaust system at the dealership I worker at. Not enough room to get all the way around the pipe so I cut a hole in the pipe in order to get to the top side. the circle I cut out bounced of the lift arm and went down my shirt. I sucked in stomach and the piece headed further south and stopped in my tighty whities. Dropped my pants, I lost a little hair and very little other damage.

I lopped off a piece of angle iron the other day for a piece on the sawmill. I was wearing my boots and jeans with purty ragged fronts...mostly rips! Caught a ball right down the front about knee height, got in my boot and it settled between my big toe and the next one over. I knew by the time I could get the boot off it would be cool so I just listened to the sizzle and smelled the bbq'd redneck...

I lopped off a piece of angle iron the other day for a piece on the sawmill. I was wearing my boots and jeans with purty ragged fronts...mostly rips! Caught a ball right down the front about knee height, got in my boot and it settled between my big toe and the next one over. I knew by the time I could get the boot off it would be cool so I just listened to the sizzle and smelled the bbq'd redneck...

well, thats another big plus of wearing wooden shoes! you kick them off :D

when i work with dirt and get sweaty you can see all the burn scars from welding and burning.

Latest posts

Back