CNC plasma cutting

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after three weeks of cramming like a college student before a test, I have got the process down pretty good ;)
Today I set up the floating head and the THC. MAN, what a difference it made on how well it cuts :eek:
I've pretty much cut all my scrap into small scrap pieces [ddd
Already made the wife an angel, her friend a friendship symbol in Japanese and our good friends a sign for their bar :)

Glad to hear you've got it figured out. Quite the learning curve isn't it.
You're going to find so many uses for a plasma table you won't know how you got along with out one. Congrats and you need to at least charge the price of material or you won't have any mad money to throw at a hot rod.

Keep on cutting.

Glad to hear you've got it figured out. you need to at least charge the price of material or you won't have any mad money to throw at a hot rod.

Keep on cutting.

I take the size of the piece, figure out how many go into a 4x8 sheet of material, divide the cost of the 4x8 by the 1/2 the number of parts...clear as mud? Or just double the material cost per part.

I take the size of the piece, figure out how many go into a 4x8 sheet of material, divide the cost of the 4x8 by the 1/2 the number of parts...clear as mud? Or just double the material cost per part.

I mainly cut these for the experience, so I can get faster at setup.
Funny thing, I've been cutting stuff out and noticing the machine was going a different direction than what I was seeing on the screen.
This didn't matter too much except when I went to cut the bar sign, I noticed it was a mirror image and was cutting from the back. The dross ended up on the side I needed to keep clean.
I finally figured out I had to go into ports and pins and reverse the pin numbers for the X and Y axis then, reset the hotkey directions. Now all is good again.

Latest posts

Back