I Have No Self Control

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Won't be getting to this for a while but I can collect parts and ideas. While I spent a lot more than normal for this body, my plan as of now won't require expensive parts. Plus I have a lot of stuff laying around.
As for the sickness; yes I have it. I have a hard time selling, not because I'll miss the car, more I simply worry about the buyer being happy with the deal. Everytime I see a cool body I think to myself, "I could make something neat out of that". That's all it takes. But now, it takes something really unique to catch my eye because I have a few projects waiting after the two I'm now building. The Bantam just happened to be odd enough that I couldn't pass it up.
Sam, your question is a good one. I worked for a big company for 35 years. Saved in the company plan at the maximum for the whole time. As a result, we don't have to worry about starving. We are carefull however. If you look over all my builds you will recognize none of them consumed much money. I get the cash invested when I sell. That allows me to build another car.

So, the answer to that part of the question is, I don't worry about money, but I'm carefull and don't over extend.

As for the precious commodity of time. The real question is more about health. If the mind and body will allow then the building will continue. I anticipate there will be a time when it hurts so much to build hot rods that I will have one long term project and I'll go out to the shop and pick away at it even if I can only do a little at a time. I'll ask for more help with the heavy lifting and probably will add equipment to make up for the failing body.
There's a few guys still building in their 80's and 90's and I hope to be one of them.

Maybe along these lines...
Dr. C. I saw Gabby Bleeker run several times. Thanks for posting a pic of his Fuel Coupe. At the Meltdowdrags in Byron, Ill. this summer Gabby signed Tery & Lee's "Tator", which is pictures a few posts earlier.

Visited my brother and his family in Kansas this weekend. He has become abosrbed in charity work by providing trees houses, cabins, a bass pond and many other activities for cancer survivor children and their families at his 40 acre wooded property.
He said he had some car parts for me as well as a trailer made from a Model A box we built together 30 years ago.
Included in the cache was this 468 big block Chevy with factory aluminum heads. Never been run.
Could it find it's way into the Bantam???

I like the way you think.... I always have. I too have projects I will never finish. Mainly because I pick up a few more every year. This project is looking like a really good one.

Lol! I just showed this post to my wife..."See?See?...It isn't just me! Everybody is doing it!":D

silence...

Foot tapping...

Wife "So who owns the 1/2 taken apart El Camino body that just showed up out back?"

Tap tap tap...:rolleyes:

WHEW,..... I thought this was an acute disease but am now feeling much better about how I do this also. Somehow these things just show up and then.....well you all know the drill......"I don't know just where it came from, but I think WE should keep it" {kind of like the lost, cute puppy that just shows up}.
And yes..TAP, TAP, TAP...with the foot. I know when she throws her hands up, drops her head and walks off mumbling something about CRAZY, no room, etc. we get to go shopping. How appropriate the timing seems to be. LOL

Oh no! not the dreaded foot tapping! Hands on hips? You better pull out your A game of excuses bro,lol.

And yes..TAP, TAP, TAP...with the foot. I know when she throws her hands up, drops her head and walks off mumbling something about CRAZY, no room, etc. we get to go shopping. How appropriate the timing seems to be. LOL

Oh it cost me a new Keurig coffee maker the very same day...:rolleyes:
I should really learn to keep my yap shut...Lol

Looks kinda good with the big block Chevy engine sitting in front. A little tubing and a couple axles and it will be done. I'll hafta turn the engine around.

The little woman didn't give me too much grief on this one. 'Course, she dosen't know what I paid for it though.

bob The little woman didn't give me too much grief on this one. 'Course said:
And you're not going to offer up that information in a casual conversation
are you? My theory is "what she doesn't know won't hurt me."
I like your thinking for this new project of yours.

Latest posts

Back