Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so lucky to have a small NAPA store a few miles from my place. I went in yesterday with my front brake lines, and said I need some just like these, only 6 inches longer.
The counter man says, What do they go on?". I said a convertible 1943 Ford Roadster Pickup, with the standard 472 Cadillac, and turbo 400, Posi Ford 9 inch, Full cage, dual carbs, and high rise intake.

He didn't even bother typing any of that into the computer.

Amen. I don't even darker the doors of Auto Zone, O'Reillys, Pep Boys, etc.
The NAPA stores at least have a clue and do their best to help you.

I guess I got lucky with the AZ and O'Reileys near me..

Amen. I don't even darker the doors of Auto Zone, O'Reillys, Pep Boys, etc.
The NAPA stores at least have a clue and do their best to help you.

lately Both the Autozone and the O'Reileys by me are loaded with some real knowledgable car guys..not all but more than before....even some of the gals there must be paying attention as they have been pretty darned helpful .....biggest problem seems to be keeping anyone worth a darn there.....I've seen 3 guys (good guys) from Autozone move to O'Reileys....our NAPA store shut down a few years back and the owner/manager of that NAPA store is now the manager of O'Reileys in our town....so he at least knows his stuff....

I am so lucky to have a small NAPA store a few miles from my place. I went in yesterday with my front brake lines, and said I need some just like these, only 6 inches longer.
The counter man says, What do they go on?". I said a convertible 1943 Ford Roadster Pickup, with the standard 472 Cadillac, and turbo 400, Posi Ford 9 inch, Full cage, dual carbs, and high rise intake.

He didn't even bother typing any of that into the computer.

Those must be quite common in your neck of the woods ;)
For all the out-of-the-ordinary stuff I will hit Napa first. They almost always have it.

fantastic work BH... there will be plenty of details for the crowds to check out on this one.. for sure there will be a magazine feature on this one

Thanks guys, the build is winding down now, but I can't let my standards slip. Still have a few details to add. Here are some shots of the wiring. For a simple hotrod, there sure are a lot of wires. These will be wrapped in a loom, when all the wires are pulled...

I do like the short little wires coming out of the firewall, and into the copper pipe.

A couple of the gauges will go in this area, still building the brackets

I like the loom idea. Looks sweet!

I had gauges mounted like yours. Only issue I had was when I jumped out to read the gauges I would fall down and my hot rod would go into the ditch...I just thought it was a bad gauges....[cl

Thanks, Jason, the truck is almost finished now, and the little details, are taking forever. Building the shift linkage now, from scratch. More pictures soon.

Wow! That's all I've gotta say.

I just got through reading this entire thread.....You, sir, are a craftsman and an artist! I've done a fair amount of welding, too, and have built race vehicles, choppers, hot rods, and such for a good many years. Your work is exceptional! [cl[cl

Well I took a little time off from this project. But now I am determined to gett'er done.
The new owner of this truck is a saint. He told me to take my time with it, and I am afraid I did. Watch for more updates soon.
The first is the scoop. I am glad I had time to think about this one. This is about the 4th idea I had for it. And just after I took these pictures, I re-did this one. Oh well.

And this one is just random from my work bench.....

I was beginning to think you were all done and forgot to tell us. Glad you're back at it. Looking good as always. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Latest posts

Back