1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rad installation is complete.

I had my pickup in for service work back a couple months and the dealer told me the transfer case was leaking:eek: 02 GMC NP246, the pump wore through the case. They put some JB weld on it and said it should be good:rolleyes: Found a puddle of nice blue oil under it the other day so now it's time for a transfer case. There goes a whole bunch of RR funds.:(

I had fallen behind a bit.. just getting caught back up.. those seats turned out great.. and your stitch work on the cushions is great...

Making cushions is still on my to do list.. Keep up the great work

Looking good, I like the rebar. Sorry to hear about the transfer case.

Thanks Gunz, ya the transfer case s $1500. touch

I had fallen behind a bit.. just getting caught back up.. those seats turned out great.. and your stitch work on the cushions is great...

Making cushions is still on my to do list.. Keep up the great work

Thanks a bunch CORPO

Got the fuel tank almost complete, but ran out of steam, been out in the shop working on it since 5 am.[S Tomorrow I will drill and tap for the sight glass fittings. I welded a 18" long by 8"wide by 7"deep sump on the bottom to increase capacity. I used a 3/8 x 1/4 NPT stainless compression fitting that I drilled all the way through with the OD of the stainless 3/8 instrumentation tubing for the pick up tube.

The question that come to mind is, why not put the supply fitting coming out the side of the box you built, near the bottom, instead of out the top?

The question that come to mind is, why not put the supply fitting coming out the side of the box you built, near the bottom, instead of out the top?

I did a bunch of research on building a keg fuel tank, and almost all said the supply should come out of the top of the tank using a dip tube.

A couple of quotes from other sites.

Way overdone but still fun and a lot better looking on a car than that moon tank zit hanging out in front.

One thing, the rules and regs in a lot of states now require the fuel line to enter the top of the tank from the top rather than the bottom so the the fuel doesn't automatically drain out if something comes loose. You might check on that first.

MR48CHEV, AUG 27, 2010

Forget the regulations in your state and put the pick-up tube in from the top. It's the best way to do it. Find a good Alum. tig welder and let him weld in the fittings and the filler neck and you're done. I did one about 35 years ago and the fitting was in the bottom of the tank, never had a problem but I would go in from the top if I did another one. I didn't have a sender in mine but had a sight tube that worked, kinda.....

Started working on changing out the old door latches to the Speedway slimline ones. I was really afraid it was going to be a real S$%t job but it's not that bad, figuring out the linkage for the handles will be the S$%t job.

We have had real unseasonable weather lately, so I thought I would roll her outside for a perspective view.

I used them on my 33 and documented with pics on how I installed them.
I made bell cranks to operate them because the windows are in the way of hooking them to the outside handle.
I think Lokar/Speedway makes a cable to do what I did too.

Yea, Old Iron did some fantastic lever work for his and they do sell cable kits too. Being somebody that doesn't mind a little work, you could probably figure out something with cables as simple as a lawn mower throttle cable or an old speedo cable. The actions trip pretty easy and you shouldn't have a real hard time figuring something out.

I used them on my 33 and documented with pics on how I installed them.
I made bell cranks to operate them because the windows are in the way of hooking them to the outside handle.
I think Lokar/Speedway makes a cable to do what I did too.

Yea, Old Iron did some fantastic lever work for his and they do sell cable kits too. Being somebody that doesn't mind a little work, you could probably figure out something with cables as simple as a lawn mower throttle cable or an old speedo cable. The actions trip pretty easy and you shouldn't have a real hard time figuring something out.

Thanks Guys, OI I checked out you 33 thread very nice job, I think I am a going to built something similar to what you did for the door latches.

Latest posts

Back