Dodge 2 seat roadster?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody on the HAMB did a photo shop of the rear of this for me; I think this is what I'm going for.

Attachments

• 6-28%2520005.jpg
    6-28%2520005.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 108
Try this one; he did capture just what I was thinking on the wheelwells. I'll be finishing my son's Firebird this weekend and start cleaning the garage to make a better spot for this now that it looks like it's going somewhere. I'll get a body cart built for it so I can get it off the floor and roll it around to work on it.

Attachments

• 6-28%2520005.jpg
    6-28%2520005.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I've got some extra Plymouth front sheetmetal which looks similar but on a slightly smaller scale. Anything's possible but I'm at least now I'm feeling confident that it will go somewhere.

I got a bunch of free unistrut from a demo job they did at my building so I bought some casters and built a body cart to get this stabilized and mobile. At least it's up off the ground so I wont have to bend over to work on it.

Attachments

• cart1.jpg
    cart1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 40
  • cart2.jpg
    cart2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 31
  • cart3.jpg
    cart3.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 28
  • cart4.jpg
    cart4.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 38
  • cart5.jpg
    cart5.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 38
I narrowed the decklid and started tacking it into place to try and get a better visual. About halfway up the decklid it starts to rise in the middle toward the rear window; I think if I can get rid of that and keep the curve of the lower half of the decklid going, it'll transition smooth enough to remove the c pillars and the rear shelf. I want a nice smooth curve going right up to the area behind the passenger compartment. Here's another thought; I was looking at the center section of the front doors laid together. It measures pretty close to the width behind where the seat will be. If I cut that section out of the doors, I might be able to do something with it. I dont know, just thinking out loud right now.

Attachments

• dkld4.jpg
    dkld4.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 19
  • dkld3.jpg
    dkld3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 21
  • dkld1.jpg
    dkld1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 19
  • dkld.jpg
    dkld.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 52
  • frdrs.jpg
    frdrs.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 27
That door idea may just be a good one falconvan. That's a good method. Find other body parts with the right contour, splice them up and use them where you need them.

That's the plan; I've got various Mopar fenders, doors, decklids, and hoods from the 46-48 era. If Flipper can build a body from an old hood, I can make this work.

With as short as the body appears from the pictures, I think I'd make the wheelbase as short as possible. Go for a real light weight car with a 4cyl. Maybe a Ford 2.4 from a Ranger. Lots of speed parts for those.
Maybe try and build it small enough to fit in a pickup bed :D
-Chaz

I changed my mind on this one. It's on Ebay right now with no reserve. I've got a clear title for it and will make someone a really good deal on it.

Oh hell, if I finished every car I ever started, i'd need the parking lot at Yankee stadium to hold em all. Some ideas just never make it to the finish line.

Latest posts

Back