<SNiff SNiff> So sad

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not what I'd do but I'm ok with it. I don't think every old car needs to be fixed up. It doesn't upset me when some old farmer won't sell me a car that's been setting for 40 years even though he will never do anything with it. Once it's gone, it's gone and he gets to look at a hole in the ground instead of a cool old car. Kinda the same thing here even if it is a bit of a wackydoodle idea.

Years ago when I was doing what Willowbilly does now I would come across a farm with a row of derelict tractors or cars along a fence line or in a barnyard. Talk to the farmer and he'd say he was going to fix 'em up someday. I knew that could never happen because it was obvious the farmer couldn't afford it. But I came to realize that fixing up that row of machines was his dream and that is nothing to belittle or ridicule.

On the other hand, I sure hate to see classics destroyed just because some rich guy can afford to to so. When Jesse James crushed the Anglia on Monster Garage he earned my eternal ire.:(

Not every car needs to be fixed up but it is a shame to see some idiot do this. I can understand if the car has a history to you and you want to keep it, but to do this is foolish.

I saw the 1st pic and could't take it, had to exit. This man is a deranged automotive sociopath. He needs massive medication and those cars need to be rescued and restored to their former glory.

I don't think there is a car in the bunch you couldn't buy already restored for half of what it would cost you to do it. With todays soft market and inflated prices for parts and labor, there will be a lot more of them setting and rotting.
I was watching Mecham's last week and a really nice 36 Ford phaeton came through, brought $30,000. No way you could frame off one for less than 50,000 and probably double that if you had to pay restoration shop labor. Just sayin...

Latest posts

Back