Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent all day yesterday welding up the inner fender well.
Then today I sealed up the needed areas and then gave everything a good couple of coats of chip guard.
Did the inside of the fender while I was at it.
Tomorrow I will bolt the fender back on then start to weld it all in in prep for moulding it to the body.
Of course I've already come up with a different way to do the PS. We will see which works better.:eek:[ddd
Thanks for visiting..
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 19
Bolted on the fender today and then couldn't resist getting a tire from the junk custom frame.
Stuck on the 50 Olds wheel cover I plan on using and and the gravel shield and dropped the car back down to close to ride height.
The wheel is exactly centered in the openings in these pics.
Any and all thoughts about tire location are welcome.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 20
  • ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk-1.jpg
    ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk-1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 20
Thanks all.
Nice job good Dr. I was looking around for some white latex paint but didn’t have any.😳
Nothing happening today. Taking a break.
Torchie

Change of plans.......:eek:
Rather then go ahead with the "feel good" welding on of the fender I pulled it off so it wouldn't be in the way when I...........Flipped the car.:eek: :p
Tack welded the trunk lid shut for structural stiffness.
Moved all the chain falls yet again.:eek:
Car is at the tipping point hanging in the slings. I need to make up a crutch or two to hold it upright and not let it go all the way over.:eek:
Floor and body mounts are worse then I remember. As well as the inner rocker on the PS.
I've got my work cut out for me. Remind me again who's bright idea it was to save this from the crusher.
Probably won't do much tomorrow except sit in my chair and whimper.:rolleyes:
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 14
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 13
Kinda makes you wish you didn't look under there...:( At lest repairing the underside rust doesn't have to be cosmeticly as exact as the exterior bodywork, and you can take some liberty on the design since you really just need function over form. Also, you will probably need to do some redesign of the mounts anyways for the upcoming frame swap [;)[S
Not that it makes it any easier tho....

If we were within 100 to 200 miles of each other, I'd have loaned you my rotisserie when you started this build.
In fact even now if you want it, come get it :)

Kinda makes you wish you didn't look under there...:( At lest repairing the underside rust doesn't have to be cosmeticly as exact as the exterior bodywork, and you can take some liberty on the design since you really just need function over form. Also, you will probably need to do some redesign of the mounts anyways for the upcoming frame swap [;)[S
Not that it makes it any easier tho....

Agreed ZZ. And of course the current state of "No frame" doesn't help either.
I can use a stock 2nd series 49 Coronet through to a 1952 Coronet frame. They changed in 53. So that gives me a bit of a bigger search range. In any case I will be putting everything "back to stock" for now.

That should keep you busy for a day or two. :D:D [P[P

I'm glad it's you. :p

You guys are just jealous.:eek: :p [ddd [;) [;)

If we were within 100 to 200 miles of each other, I'd have loaned you my rotisserie when you started this build.
In fact even now if you want it, come get it :)

Thanks OI, But you know me. I just have to try to do things the hard way first.:eek: :p :p [ddd. A guy on another site said that I should just build one. Like I don't have enough to do already.:D

Put the Dodge back in to the up right position for now. Rethinking my strategy.
Thanks for the comments.
Keep on keeping on......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-12.jpg
    2-12.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 2-14.jpg
    2-14.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back