What's Patina Worth ??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.Z.Rat

Doing the sometime a.m. ritual of scanning thru ebay before heading out the door. Looking for certain items / parts for the build. It hit me that now-a-days if I come across something & find a similar part the one with the vintage patina is the one that is the eye candy!LOL

About to drive my wife crazy. Although she really likes the truck.

Later

Being a body man.....not much. I sweep Patina into the garbage every day after getting paid to sand it off for people.....[S

Being a body man.....not much. I sweep Patina into the garbage every day after getting paid to sand it off for people.....[S

I guess your not building rats . Does your rat have any patina on it . Most jalopy/rat gatherings i have attended have an abundance of patina present and not much paint .

Patina

Set up at swapmeet for the weekend,my buddy brought his 29 Ford sedan lime green rusty old hotrod and had twice as many lookers than the trailer queen 32 right beside it. He moved his queen over to the other side of the corral this afternoon to be with the lawn chair and flowery shirt group.:cool:

It depends on which body shop you go to and how old your vehicle is.

Example: If your body man charges you $75/hr. for his service and worked as long as the weather has to give you your patina, let's say 80 years (don't forget the extra 20 days from leap years), then your vehicle is worth $52,596,000.

Fortunately, mother nature works for free.[cl

Or put in a can & sell it so peeps can spray it on! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Rat Rod in a Can! Just spray it on. Makes any car an instant hit at any rat rod gathering. But wait! You also get white wall chalk and iron on pin stripes! Order now.

I'd love to own/build a rat rod. Problem is I can't find anything decent for decent money anywhere near Ct. Everything affordable is on the west coast or mid west. Shipping is a killer. I only sweep away the patina others pay to get rid of. My ride is actually my avatar. A Chopped 1946 Hudson Coupe. A racecar converted to a Pro Street...[cl

If your avatar is your ride it's sweet. I am building a 46 Chev Stylemaster for a rat rod project. Think I want to maybe get something a tad older to a make a bad ass rat rod slammed etc...

Patina as mother nature left it? or as a professional bodyshop applied it? some "patina" paint jobs will run you $10K-$25K. Especially if you are applying it straight onto a new brookville body. And don't forget to add the faux rust and a few extra dents that the perfect steel body you bought didn't come with![cl

i bet this paint job cost quite a bit, and its FIBERGLASS!! im not sure why you would put some much time and effort in to something that looks old. hell you want a rust patina car, i'll half ass a paint job leave part of it bare metal and let washington's weather do the rest for a couple months. Some people make me wonder
free-confused-smileys- 423.gif

before-
hrdp_0704_rat_04b_z+1937_ford_rat_rod+patina+side_view.jpg

After...?
hrdp_0704_rat_01_z+1937_ford_rat_rod+patina+side_view.jpg

What's patina worth??

.....in this case 25$:D I just picked up a pair (left and right) of nicely patina'd exit signs to use as part of my door panels. I'll locate them so that they point to the lever for my bear claw latches.
51partofmydoorpanelsLarge.jpg

The overall finish on my truck is not an appealing patina so I'll have to settle for patina'd accessories :eek:

its going for 13$ per hundred around here and i hate it,alot of good rat material is headed to the crusher,people think nobody would want those old rusty cars or trucks so off they go , i think in a few years they will all be gone

Latest posts

Back