Smells like pork!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Rough Rodder
I've noticed something the last few months. It seems to me we on here,
(or a few of us) are getting pretty judgemental to others!!
One thing that drew me to this site was the, whatever floats you're boat,
attitude! I sure hope we're not heading down the same road as the,
"OTHER" rod site!!

If someone asks for an opinion they should expect to have things said
that might upset them, but when someone gets ripped for having their
own idea on how to do something, or how to act, I don't get it! I still
try and operate on the old idea of, "if you don't have something good
to say, don't say anything"!!

I know some will take what I'm saying wrong, and thats OK, but if we're
trying to take this thing the same direction of the PORKERS, I'm out!!

I think it would be pretty hard to make a case for the Triple R becoming anything anywhere near the P.O.R.K.! :eek:

Toad

the only things i have ever heard were safety issues and everyones agreement that open wheel ifs is ugly. there are things I dont dig, (i-6, station wagons and 4 doors,) but when I post on them I say "i usually hate this but..." Most of us just dont read the threads we dont dig. Why blast someone?

Rainman i know what you are saying and am disappointed sometimes. Trip won't tolerate much as we well know but he can't read every post everyday. Send him a pm. I am sure he will appreciate your concern.

I do believe the bashing of any kind is wrong NO DOUBT, it's not my place or anyone else's to judge. We all have opinions,when it comes to someones safety on their build,some could just post their opinion and there is no need for any rudeness towards the builder.Thats where opps,live and learn comes in.Some builders will understand what the others are saying or trying to tell the builder but if the builder tells the others well I'm going to do it this way and see how it works out,then the others should just leave that issue alone .........I DON'T KNOW ANYONE THATS PERFECT................JMO :{

Holy Crap....

Thought you were talking about me.....lol...(smells like pork)....cop, pig oh you know what I mean....

i try never to bash anyone. one post i did say something about is where the fella is using reebar for his frontend, that scares the hell out of me. i must have missed the bash.

It's a fine line sometimes & after this long I don't like to be heavy handed. I prefer to let people say what they feel as long as it doesn't get outta hand & I definitely can't read every single post. I rely on you guys to inform me about spammers or out of line posts but when I get a heads up I deal with it asap. As far as being anywhere close to the oink oink... ummmm... you be the judge! People have their opinions & there are a lot more of us now too! [S:eek:

BoB

'Kinda along the same line...have you noticed that the HAMB is getting really, really worse? I don't post there much, and am certainly not going to say anything about it, but WOW, sometimes it's pretty bad...unlike this nice friendly site. I don't post much here either, but at least I know that if I do post some dumb crap, one of you guys will politely tell me it's crap. I appreciate that.

great here

here is to the best board on the web, PERIOD [cl

l seen the rebar thing done on a steering arm and it scared me just looking at it. that "cool" ride was driving all around town at longbeach.

and l'm building 2 lFS, open wheel hot rods just to bug the reverend muddy grimes[ddd
it's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it:D

Later :D

Thought you were talking about me.....lol...(smells like pork)....cop, pig oh you know what I mean....

Hillarious Sarge, I've never seen anything but possitive from you!!
It could be just me but it seems like the negatives are getting louder
and louder! Let me just say all above are not the ones I'm speaking
of! I think the ones who always have something negative to say
will know who I'm talking about!
I'm not going to harp on this, let's just consider this MY rant!!

OH!! and I agree Skull!!

'Kinda along the same line...have you noticed that the HAMB is getting really, really worse? I don't post there much, and am certainly not going to say anything about it, but WOW, sometimes it's pretty bad...unlike this nice friendly site. I don't post much here either, but at least I know that if I do post some dumb crap, one of you guys will politely tell me it's crap. I appreciate that.

I don't go there any longer, unless to look for info thats been suggested!!

I have to take some of the blame for being a little "outspoken" at times, especially in that recent thread about the model a sedan. I still feel very bad about doing that but can't take back my words. :eek:

Maybe it is because I am a member of the other forum and post a lot there. It may have toughened me up a bit and I might be forgetting which forum I am on at times. This forum has always been spotless in so many respects and I would cringe to think I ever did anything to soil that atmosphere.

Rainman has a very valid point for bringing this up. On the other side of the coin, the typed word comes out so different sometimes than we intend it to. I have seen people make obvious jokes and someone will take it seriously. I also think a lot of us take the safety issues very seriously because unsafe cars hurt or kill people and may eventually have the people who write our laws looking at ways to get us off the roads.

But from now on I will count to 10 before I type anything. :D

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back