Need input...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

I'm trying to finish my build by next weekend so I'm trying to hurry. I set the bed side that I'm going to use for now up to take a look and it just looks "off". I'm not sure what to think of it but it just don't look right. What's your guys opinion?

6FAFCB21-8B0C-4E5F-B97C-3FC35356639B-133-000000077A02E769_zps255e3c87.jpg

I will be putting a 2" block in the rear to raise it up above the scrub line.

I think it looks good. I can't really say for sure what it might need...

But I think only having a partial bed on there is decieving to the eyes. Maybe set the whole thing up and take another photo??? :confused:

Sorry, wish I could have something more constructive to say. [S

We're just jellous that yours is a roller. :D
I think it would look better with the tire centered inbetween the stake pockets. I like your long hairpins though and those are some long ones about four and a half foot I think. About like the ones I am going to make this winter

OK, I'll bite, but don't bite back please!:D
With your pic, it's hard to get a feel for the finished product. If you have a pic at finished ride height, it will be easier to tell on the bedsides.

Clean up around the car a bit, get it up to ride height, and take another pic as to how the bed will sit.

Are you welding them to the back of the toub or making a seperate bed. Off topic but what the of steering are you using with the column comming strait out like that... Good lookin build by the way.:)[P

Thanks for the input. The "bed" will be its separate unit. It will have a frame built for it that allows me to remove everything. The pic makes the rear look further back. It is centered between the pockets and on the bed. The tires are 12" wide so it throws the pic off a bit. I will put the bed together and roll it outside and get a better picture.

I used a early 50s f100 box for the steering. I used two u joints to clear everything and to make it come out like that.

Thanks for the replys.

Looks good to me from that pic. First pic of the car I've seen - looks cool as heck! Looooong. Keep the bed top a little below the tub top and you should be good. Try to keep the wheel in the middle of the panel or a little forward. As long as the car is, it will look good if things trail behind the rear wheel a bit - like fins look streamlined and fast. (Not suggesting you use fins, that would look wrong on that!)

I agree with Sam on the bed top. Same as the cowl is above the door.
The bed needs to be raised 4" and the back of the body needs to be raised about 6"

Forget this in the previous post "Same as the cowl is above the door."
Here's what I'm saying about the rear of the body

Attachments

• rpu 2.jpg
    rpu 2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 16
Old iron I can't see the pics very well when they are attached as a thumbnail. I'm limited to my phone. If I click on them they are about 1/4" and if I zoom in they are pixalled real bad.

I took it as Sam thought the bed should be lower then the tub. And I agree. Is that what you meant? The tub is built as close to the original measurements as possible. It was a touring coupe in it original life but all I got was the cowl and doors to it. I made a 1" square tubing skeleton and hung everything on it. I still have to make the other cab corner and the back of it.

I like where the bed sits, but the back of the tub should round up a bit IMO!!
Also, it's a little long for my taste!! All in all very cool, keep it up!![cl[cl

Well the block installation to raise it to ride height took a lot longer then it should of so I didn't get any pics took in the daylight. I have most of the bed mounts fabbed and should have pics to tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back