Where is everybody?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on a bunch of forums and they all seem slow these days! Think lots of folks are still having trouble making ends meet! Also noticed KB is really slow lately! [S

Toad

I've been building this...1955 Spartan Imperial Mansion

null_zpse2735f42.jpg

thats a cool lux wagon!

i work 12hr night shifts, so i lurk alot of forums. i do my research here. than get off work and put the knowledge to use. then back again.

For a change I had Friday and Saturday off and got a lot done on my Caddy swap. I finally got the good engine and drivetrain dropped out of the wrecked car and got a chance to inspect it all. Everything looks really good, but I am going to replace stuff like motor mounts, water pump, hoses, belts, alternator, ac evaporator, heater core, and stuff like that because it is SO much easier to do it now with the engine on the floor. Once it is back in the good car it will be a real pain to do those things.

Here are some pictures from tonight.

Don

Since the car was wrecked in the front, I just torched it all off to give me better access to the engine.

But I finally got it out. This is one big mama of an engine package.

I am stripping every little part and saving them. I should be able to keep this thing alive for a long time with the parts I am stashing away.

Been lurking but still saving up parts for my build. It ain't easy on a tight budget like my current one!

BF

Waving from the dust in the corner

I am still around and try to keep up on the forum just got a lot going on right now.

The build has become a little aggravating since I paid someone to build a subfloor in April right after Killbillet and the truck has not been touched since :confused:
But it will be home by the end of the month no matter what!

My mom recently got diagnosed with cancer so I am working extra trying to help her with bills along with taking her back and forth to Shands for treatments while working 3 jobs and trying to be with my family.

But it is life and what would it be without speedbumps!
I hope everyone else is doing good and hope to catch up with everyone soon and maybe even start working on my truck again!

David

I am still around and try to keep up on the forum just got a lot going on right now.

The build has become a little aggravating since I paid someone to build a subfloor in April right after Killbillet and the truck has not been touched since :confused:
But it will be home by the end of the month no matter what!

My mom recently got diagnosed with cancer so I am working extra trying to help her with bills along with taking her back and forth to Shands for treatments while working 3 jobs and trying to be with my family.

But it is life and what would it be without speedbumps!
I hope everyone else is doing good and hope to catch up with everyone soon and maybe even start working on my truck again!

David

Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope everything works out for you. Keeping you and your family in my prayers and thoughts...CR

Latest posts

Back