1936 Packard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all for the comps.
Glad to see there is a consensus on the look of the new front signals :).
The driving lights just didn't quite jibe with the picture in my head - if there was something out there with a similar teardrop shape, they may have fit in better...
Oh well, I think this last addition is the end of fabrication, time to move on to disassembly and final welding and tweaking of parts and pieces. I'm hoping to have the body off and the underside welding done in 2 or 3 weeks so I can get it off for media blasting before the weather gets too ugly - the guy who does it works outside plus I have to make the 2 hr drive there and back without getting it rained on. :eek:

Attachments

• DSC00362.jpg
    DSC00362.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC00374.jpg
    DSC00374.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC00373.jpg
    DSC00373.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00367.jpg
    DSC00367.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 118
Geezz..... go away for a few weeks and look what happens!:rolleyes:

Looks great! Almost time to head south isn't it? I would never be able to leave it at this point:eek:.

Fabricating done, I've gotten on with disassembly. Lots of little tweaks to be done to the body before it goes out to get media blasted, today I welded up about 2 dozen unwanted holes in the firewall.

Attachments

• DSC00376.jpg
    DSC00376.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC00377.jpg
    DSC00377.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 89
I can't wait to see it go back together! Those new lights on the front are much better, good work!

Are you headed to Radium with the pickup? I'll be there.

Thanks ! Yes, going to Radium in the Hennway, looks like the weather is going to be decent too. Gotta give it a good cleanup and inspection for the 5+ hr. drive, depending on how many Tim Horton stops on the way...:)

Body is off the frame - looks tiny sitting there alone... Next job is to flip it on its side and finish up the underside welding.

Attachments

• DSC00440.jpg
    DSC00440.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00442.jpg
    DSC00442.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00443.jpg
    DSC00443.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 61
Now for the all work and no show part of the project :)

Kinda like in building when we first paint out a new house and the owners are all excited, then the next day they say what did you do today? And we say "uh, we put a second coat of paint on the whole place!" :rolleyes:

[P[P[P

Is this going to be shiny black also? How about a nice blue? Maybe a deep red?

Uuuuhhhh, lemme think [S ...... awww come on - you know I'm going to go black on this one too :D
Somehow it just seems right for the maximum gangster look, makes the chrome and whitewalls pop....

Roll over Rover and lemme scratch yer belly..... lots of welding to finish up and grind, also added some braces from the floor structure to the rocker panel edges (hard to spot in my fuzzy pics) - this is where adding the 1" square tube to the bottom of the rockers pays off in strength and ability to manhandle it like this without damage.

Attachments

• DSC00444.jpg
    DSC00444.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC00445.jpg
    DSC00445.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00446.jpg
    DSC00446.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts

Back