Significant other

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbj188

I was just wandering if your significant other shared your passion for cars...Reason being is the moment I pulled my 65 GMC into the garage she hated it..actually called it ugly :( :confused: eventhough she liked the idea where I was going with the IH rat that I was starting to build. I was wanting to know if your wife/whoever helps you with the build not actually building (that would be cool ) but support about the build. [S If that makes sense?

Thomas

My wife and I have been married for 36 years, she goes back and forth over what she likes and doesn't like! We recently went to Frog Follies in Evensville Ind. and drove my truck everywhere, she seemed to enjoy it, but I don't think she REALLY likes it all that much!! ha ha

Of course I don't have door glass, or rear glass, no heat, cooling, radio,
or any other creature comforts!! So she tolerates it pretty well I think!!
:D:D

We have been married 33 years. She loves car shows, enjoys working on them with me and has a lot of input as to how the build should go and just talked me into getting a 50 Studebaker commander. Don't know if that's good or bad, the commander that is.

My wife of 22 years went to one car show with me, a couple of punks said something rude to her when she was headed to the ladies room and she's never been to another show since. She tolerates my absences to cover the shows, but doesn't much care for cars, shows, etc. I try to balance out my time as best I can to keep things happy on the home front.

Good thing I'm worthless with tools and torches and don't have a Rat of my own. I'd never hear the end of it.

I was hoping to luck out, since her dad and grandpa were life long body repair guys. Apparantly the car junkie gene skipped over her.

My wife (33 years) enjoys the shows and parking lot partys and enjoys driving the hotrods but isn't much help otherwise. At least she does try, but I really have to keep her encouraged or she loses interest pretty quickly.

my wife I think tolerates me and my cars, (the grinding, welding, the runs into the house with greasy finger prints and blood) but she was pretty happy when a guy last year spent three days in kalamazoo to find me and wanted to buy my car:D. then she let me buy my 37 [cl[cl

When I drag someting home, I'm a idiot. When I'm building something, I'm stupid. when I finish something, I'm ok. When I sell something, I'm a god. Then I go back to being a idiot. But she is getting better.

When I drag someting home, I'm a idiot. When I'm building something, I'm stupid. when I finish something, I'm ok. When I sell something, I'm a god. Then I go back to being a idiot. But she is getting better.

Mike, I didn't know you married my ex wife !!!!!!!!!:eek::D

Actually, I have finally met the perfect GF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kzp-esmfQE

Don

My wife of 48 years doesn't care a whit about old cars. I ruined the deal in our early years. She is happy that I am happy fooling around with my hot rods & going without her to events.

I simply throw large quantities of money her way and all is well.

Been married 30 years and the cars are minor compared to what I put her through back in the day...now she doesn't care what I bring home as long as it doesn't have tits.

She doesn't mind the few car shows I go to every year. She's not interested in ratrods much, but she know I am so is OK with it. She helped a lot when I did my seat and is helping me figure out how to do the rest of my interior.

when I met my wife 13 years ago I was living out of a '65 chevy van and my wife was delivering car parts for a job and driving a sweet camero. the odds were in my favor she was a car girl. I did burn her out of helping me bleed brakes a long time ago and she would rather watch movies at home than be out in the garage(which works out fine for me).She enjoys the car show but more for it means we will spend the day together and she will even listen to me talk about my rat rod for at lease fifteen minutes at a time.I may not have any money or a driving rat (yet) but I know Im a lucky guy.

My wife claims to like what I like and never complains about how much time I spend in the shop.

I think she's just happy I'm sweating on something else.

That's funny you should ask when I traded my 66 fairlane for my 50 Chevy a.d.my girlfriend said I was stupid for trading a running car for a project and the truck is ugly and stupid didn't talk to me for two days so I spent it in the garage and got the truck running by week3 had it on the road she still hates it but shes better than my ex-wife at least I know my truck ain't getting sold while I'm at work now days

I must have married her sister!:eek:
Mine thinks they're just pieces of metal...

Latest posts

Back