Did anyone else see the Horsepower seg

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtpontiac

Older, Wiser and Still Buildin'
Where they were building the 2.3 ford motor?? I know the whole thing is not stock Ford but did anyone else notice that the only lube they use on the bearings and such is WD40..:eek: Enlighten me please...[S

Assembly lube is the only thing I'll ever use... can't remember the brand, but that stuff is thick and clings like toilet bowl cleaner...

There are tons of assembly lubes on the market, Permatex, Comp Cams, etc. In the old days I used a 50/50 mix of STP and 50 wt motor oil. It was kinda sticky and stayed on the bearings really well.

Don

I just use oil and then a little grease on the cam to protect it till the oil gets slinging up there on break in

Just reviewed the powerblock site....

They have the episode there....it was not WD40 it was spray white grease....still pretty odd....I saw the can and red spray nozzle and thought it was straight up WD40.... those 2.3's are all new castings by Esslinger Engineering.....used in dirt track midgets and mini stockers....8000 rpm but only about 260 horse...?? used a holley 500 2bbl....HP seems low for a 8000 rpm motor....jmho

Not to be confused with Brylcreem...

L0034094.1.jpg

Thanks Doc.....I couldn't remember how it was spelled..

LOL.....Do they make an assembly lube in a spray?? I've never seen any and I've always had good luck with that same stuff....never a problem....

So they do make some....

When he sprayed it on it looked like regular white lithium grease.....should have know that technology would prevail..lol...
Thanks for info.....think I'll just stick to the tried and true tube...:D
Things cold in the great white north??

Latest posts

Back