Welcome to my world!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
My wife is 10 yrs younger than I am & this morning she said her memory's not what it used to be! Ummmmm... Welcome to my world!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

10 years younger........you old dog you ! :cool:[cl

I don't know if the rest of you older guys are like me, but I get so mad at myself when I can't remember the most simple things. I can literally get up off the couch to get something, then I have to stand there like a DA and try to remember why I am up. :(

I bet life is going to be so interesting when I hit 80. :rolleyes:

Don

I can literally get up off the couch to get something, then I have to stand there like a DA and try to remember why I am up. :(

That's the thing that kills me the most! I go in the other room & when I get there... I can't remember why I'm there! Happened to me just this morning, got out of my car & went back in the house & stood there like a fool tryin' to remember what I came back for! :eek:

BoB

That's the thing that kills me the most! I go in the other room & when I get there... I can't remember why I'm there! Happened to me just this morning, got out of my car & went back in the house & stood there like a fool tryin' to remember what I came back for! :eek:

BoB

Oh, it's infuriating !!!!! :mad: I remember when I was a kid I would ask my Grandfather how old he was, and I thought it was the funniest thing in the world that he couldn't remember. Now I am THERE !!!!!

What really upsets me is that I can feel the answer to what I am trying to remember almost coming to the surface, but I can't seem to put it all together. I do find that since I am back at work my memory and mind are getting somewhat better, so my only hope is that being active again will clear some of the fogginess away.

Don

I forget

I forget what the heck I was talking about mid sentence. I do it all the time and it drives my wife nutz! She's 3 years older than me. I tease her that when I was a freshman in high school I'd always wished I could get a date with one of the hot girls in the senior class and now I'm married to one.

It's pretty funny when a few of us elderly gentlemen get together. One will be telling a story and there will be a slight interruption. Then he'll say, "What was I talking about?"
Rest of us will shake our heads and say, "I dunno".[S

Off we go on another topic. Repeat above.[P

I don't think hardly any of the stories get finished anymore.

Well, they say that the memory is the second thing to go,,,,,,,,,,,,
But, I'll be damned if I can remember what the first thing is,,,,,,,,,,

That forgetting why you got up or where you were going or what you wanted if you got there is called destinasia. I've had it for years. I used to blame it on the beer but I gave that up and it has only gotten worse over time.

My wife n I are months apart in age. We are constantly asking each other where we set things or what are we doing today. We are gonna be in deep do-do when we get old:D

I don't think that it's memory...per se....

I think that it's more of Multi Tasking.... if you are doing something and get distracted, then you forget what the heck you were doing before that....I used to be able to have 15 things going on at a time and never miss a lick...not anymore.....if I go into a room I better stay focused on what I was going in there for because if I get asked a question or think about anything else, I won't remember what the heck I was going for.... as you've said....you stand there like a DA while you go thru the motions of where you were and why you entered the room....an it always happens when somebody, the wife, the son, or somebody is in there and as you are looking like a fool...they ask "what are you looking for"?.....and you don't have a clue...:eek:

Latest posts

Back