Rat Rodder down for a while

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydrocarbon Rocket

Hey guys, I know I'm not an avid poster but I check in often. Been feeling bad for a few months and made a doctor appt for about 10 days out. I wound up going to an ER and with in 20 minutes after seeing the doc, I was diagnosed right there with Leukemia. I was rushed from small town Sewanee Hospital to Nashville within and hour. Been on solid kemo since friday night about 10:30. I have it for 7 days along with a nightly 3 day blast of coolaid looking stuff of which tonight will be the last. 5 days more of solid.

Keep my family in your prayers. We have never spent a night apart. I have a 9 year old boy and 15 year old boy and we never do seperate stuff. This has to be way harder for them than me. I'm in good spirits with good chances and I know the great physician and creator. I'm a winner either way. It's them that I worry about.

HR, my youngest son has Leukemia. I can tell you it's a tough road for you and it will also be for your family. BUT, with today's advancements in the field, they can do wonders so keep your chin up. If you need anything feel free to contact me. I've gotten intimately familiar with the whole process over the last year and a half. One thing I can tell you is to listen to your doctors...they have all the information on your situation and know where to go from there. Well meaning friends will try to offer all kinds of voodoo remedies but listen to your doctors as long as you feel they are competent and are working to heal you. Again, please don't hesitate to contact me and keep the faith.

Wow, that is absolutely terrible, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Here is to a quick stomp of the Leukemia, and a fast recovery.

thoughts

l will keep good thoughts going your'e way,

this board is like a weird kind of family, so we all worry when things are tough for one of us.

Later :cool:

Listen to Gastrick about taking your Doctors advice and doing whatever they feel is right. So many people try unconventional treatments and the success rate is very low compared to Chemo and other traditional means.

I work every day with a man who had stage 4 cancer and he is perfectly healthy now because he did everything they said to do. Another friend is in remission from throat cancer right now and is back on his feet as if it never happened.

Norm Grabowski took the advice of his Niece and tried some foreign Doctors voodoo miracle drugs, and he is now gone. His friends all feel he would still be alive if he hadn't gone that route.

You are in our prayers, please keep us posted on how you are doing. We certainly care.

Don

Man, that's a kick in the gut. Sounds like you have a good attitude. I believe that is an important part of conquering an illness.

Lots of people here sending positive energy your way.

Like said above by many,,,follow your doctors advice. They know how to deal with it the best. With all the new advances in treatment the possibilities for a good outcome are greatly increased. Keep the positive attitude, it'll make it easier for your family to do the same. I know how it is from the family side. My wife's gone through throat, lung & kidney cancer over the past 20 years. She's still around as a testament to how well the combination of good treatment & good doctors work to beat it.

Sending lots of positive mojo to you & your family.

You can beat this HR....

You hang in there and do what you need to do.......you and the family are in my families prayers.....

Latest posts

Back